HAART Kenya is currently recruiting for the position of a Prevention Coordinator. The Co-ordinator is
responsible for implementing prevention outreach activities
Essential criteria & qualification:
● Education: Diploma in Humanities and Social Science Social Work, or a related field.
● At least 1 year working experience in social work
● Proven experience in community engagements. Facilitation of workshops is an added advantage.
● Display good coordination skills.
● Must be a team player.
● Must have a recent certificate of good conduct
● Good communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili
● Ability to adapt to different cultures .
● Good IT skills including the use of Word and database software Knowledge on human rights and
community-based child protection approaches
● Passion to work with vulnerable groups and ability to be empathic
● Demonstrable ability to adapt to changing programme priorities and emerging priorities that may
● Plan and implement awareness workshops at the grassroot level across the country.
● Maintain and coordinate the planning of workshops with community mobilizers and external
● Ensure proper documentation of community outreach activities including photography and
reporting based on donor guidelines.
● Collection of Pre and Post test evaluation in required awareness workshops.
● Planning and coordinating Child Safeguarding Club activities .
● Development of impact stories from beneficiaries.
● Collecting potential victims cases of human trafficking during outreach activities and referring
them to the Protection team.
● Contribute to budget planning and ensure all expenses of the activities sessions are in line with
the departmental/donor budget and comply with the financial guidelines..
● Enable and contribute to cross departmental collaboration, information sharing, interaction and
● Managing all interactions that come through the helpline in line with HAART policies and ensure
accurate and timely data collection and referral to the Protection team.
● Representation of HAART Kenya at external conferences, meetings and focus group discussions
related to the human trafficking sector