• Degree (minimum BA) or equivalent experience in a relevant field such as public administration, business administration, management, economics, or similar;
• Demonstrated knowledge of budget development and cost analysis good practices; familiarity with project design methodologies, price-to-win approaches and proposal development processes is a plus.
• At least 3 years of professional experience, including experience with budget development of multi-million dollar projects; international development, management and training experience is a plus.
• Demonstrates in depth understanding of USAID, UK FCDO or EU rules and regulations, particularly as they pertain to budget development; is able to identify donor-specific risks and design cost proposals in a way that mitigate those risks;
• Flexible work attitude: the ability to work in a team environment and independently and ability to meet unexpected demands;
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues in ‘remote’ and diverse teams;
• The ability to work productively and accurately while under pressure in a fast-paced, demanding environment;
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively;
• Ability to travel internationally; (up to 20% of time);
• Ability to work autonomously and under remote management;
• Fluent in written and spoken English is required; French, Spanish or Arabic is highly desirable.
The Pricing Advisor provides budget development support to a portfolio of competitive multi-year proposals; this position collaborates closely with appropriate finance staff as it performs the following functions:
• During capture, validates cost data, prepares back of envelope projections and advises on pricing strategy;
• Prepares full cost proposals by developing cost analysis and budget projections, facilitating budget reviews and negotiating budgets with international and local budget partners; ensures proposal accuracy and certifies cost data;
• Prepares internal budget development packet, timelines, and partner packets; offers guidance and coordinates budget inputs;
• Facilitates the two color-team reviews of the budget;
• Offers advice on donor rules and regulations, and specific solicitation requirements as they pertain to budget development;
• Supports efforts to disseminate company-wide guidance and tools, including making presentations, trainings, templates and guidance documents.