High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Job - Specific Qualification
Additional training or certification in Human Resources Management or related area is desirable.
Ten (10) years of experience in, human resources and administrative services is required. The minimum years of relevant experience is reduced by two (2) years for candidates who possess a first level university degree.
Seven (7) years’ experience in recruitment of staff and other personnel is required.
Five (5) years' experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, specifically with post management is required.
Experience with change management is desirable.
Five (5) years’ experience in MS Excel, with the use of pivot tables, filters and formulas is desirable
One (1) year experience in data analytics or related area is desirable
Human Resources Management
• Coordinates various actions related to the administration of the Division’s human resource activities, e.g., recruitment, placement, promotion, relocation, performance appraisal, job classification reviews, separation of staff members, training etc., ensuring consistency in the application of UN rules and procedures. Liaises with central administration/executive services (UNEP Corporate Services Division and UNON Human Resources Management Service) as required.
• Oversees the maintenance of vacancy announcement files and keeps track of status of vacancy announcements.
• Provides advice and answers general queries on classification procedures and processes.
• Provides information and advice to staff/consultants with respect to conditions of service, duties and responsibilities, and privileges and entitlements under the Staff Rules and Regulations.
• Monitors Umoja staffing tables for a variety of human resource activities, e.g., appointments, retirement, expiration of appointments, reassignments, transfer and movement of staff.
• Collects data from relevant databases/systems/Business Intelligence platforms and prepares customized HR reports.
Budget and Finance
• Assists in monitoring budget/staff related costs and suggests reallocations of resources and implements the reallocations as necessary.
• Provides assistance in the review, and preparation of the medium-term plan and its revisions.
• Reviews, analyses and assists in the finalization of cost estimates and budget proposals, in terms of personnel requirements from offices in the Division, including programmatic aspects; ensures compliance with the medium-term plan and other legislative mandates.
• Assists managers in the elaboration of resource requirements for budget submissions.
• Reviews requisitions for goods and services to ensure (a) correct objects of expenditure have been charged, and (b) availability of funds.
• Assists in the preparation of budget performance submissions in relation to personnel costs.
• Assists in finalization of budget performance reports, analysing variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures.
• Provides guidance, training and daily supervision to other general service staff in human resources related issues.
• Provides assistance in drafting of, budget agreements relating to personnel as appropriate.
• Identifies and resolves diverse issues/problems as they arise and determines appropriate actions.
• Coordinates extensively with service units and liaises frequently with internal team members both at UNEP Headquarters and with Division offices in the field.
• Performs other related administrative duties, as required (e.g., operational travel programme, monitoring accounts and payment to vendors and individual contractors for services, physical space planning and the identification of office technology needs and maintenance of equipment, software and systems, organize and coordinate seminars, conferences and translations).
• Assists with the collection and analysis of data as well as preparation of data presentations and reports for information sharing, responding to queries, knowledge management, planning and decision making.
• Assists with visualizations and updating information material such as web pages or brochures.
• Assists with day-to-day administration of contracts between the UN and external contractors for outsourced services.
• Audits the contractors’ invoices against the goods and services provided by the contractor and approved by the UN.
• Processes the payment of contractors’ invoices and monitor payments.
PROFESSIONALISM : Ability to perform a broad range of administrative functions, e.g., budget/work programme, human resources, database management, etc. Ability to apply knowledge of various United Nations administrative, financial and human resources rules and regulations in work situations. The ability to perform analysis, modeling and interpretation of data in support of decision-making. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations; commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
PLANNING AND ORGANIZING : Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
CLIENT ORIENTATION: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.