CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Education: Secondary school education. Possession of valid driver's license.
Experience: Four years of work experience as a driver. Flawless, safe driving record.
Languages: Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of one of the other official FAO languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish).
Residency: General Service Staff are recruited locally. To be eligible for this position, candidates must be nationals of the country of the duty station or possess an existing visa/work permit, and reside within commuting distance of the duty station at the time of the application. "Commuting distance" means the distance within which staff members can travel daily between their place of work and their residence.
• Drive for the Head of Office and his / her visitors, including high-ranking officials from within and outside the Organization. As necessary also drive for other staff of FAO Representations.
• Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport; facilitate immigration, customs formalities, hotel check-in, and other local formalities.
• Ensures that the local transportation needs of the FAO Representative are met at all times and ensures the safety, technical soundness and comfort of the vehicle(s). Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, transportation / vehicle related expenditures, vehicle servicing, repairs, etc.
• Assist the administrative staff in regular monitoring of the log books and maintenance records.
• Ensure day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle(s); check oil, water, battery, tires, etc.; perform minor repairs and timely arrange for any other repairs necessary to keep the vehicle safe and technically sound at all times; maintain the vehicle(s) in clean condition.
• Handle local and organizational formalities when involved in an accident; ensure that in this case all organizational and local / country rules, regulations and procedures are followed correctly.
• Collect and deliver mail, documents, pouches, and other communications / items from and to the country office; go to the post office, airport, government agencies, other UN agencies, institutions, project sites, etc., to take and deliver items and communications; keep records as required.
• Assist the Country Office in performing simple clerical duties such as making and answering telephone calls, making photocopies, keeping records, etc.
• Brief and train the junior driver in all the above duties and responsibilities.
• Perform other related duties as required.