Senior Manager Credit Risk Management Secured
Closing: Nov 24, 2022This position has expired
Published: Nov 10, 2022 (25 days ago)
- Managing the Credit risk profile of the Secured portfolio (Mortgages, Auto and Wealth Lending) within the Bank’s risk appetite. Ensure consistent application and enforcement of the policies, processes, and controls.
- Develop, test, optimise and implement Credit strategies in accordance with strategic objectives.
- Uphold the integrity of risk/return decisions, ensuring credit origination and control decisions are properly informed and consistent with strategy.
- Act as second line of defence LOD.
- Prepare Consumer Banking Secured (Mortgages, Auto and Wealth Lending) Credit documents including Credit Approval Documents (CAD), Credit Procedure Manual (CPM) and Campaign Recommendation Document (CRD).
- Integration of Group Credit Policy/Standards with Consumer Banking Secured Lending strategy/plan and ensuring adherence to Group Credit policy/standards in the Africa countries
- Ensure proper functioning of day-to-day controls, periodic monitoring activities and timely resolution of risk issues.
- Assist the Regional leadership in maintaining the Consumer Banking Credit Policy to ensure policy aligns with the agreed risk appetite, reflects the key risk characteristics of the portfolio, and enables effective controls
- Monitor, review, and control risk profiles to ensure that portfolio shape is in line with strategy.
- Continuously improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of risk management processes
People & Talent
- Ability to influence people who are not direct reportees.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to work with diverse teams across different geographies.
- Be a team player
- Partner with the Group Credit Risk Management team to develop and execute the desired long-term shape of the Secured portfolio together with business stakeholders based on (a) strategy, (b) Here for Good and Treat the Customer Fairly principles (c) risk-return trade-off and risk appetite (d) volatility tolerance
- Proactively identify portfolio problems and take corrective action by effective use of MIS and Analytics
- Ensure compliance to Group Policies for Secured segments, ensuring timely gap analyses are done and dispensations obtained where required.
- Own and implement effective quality assurance framework across all secured portfolios.
- Maintain a good understanding of the requirements of key external stakeholders in respect of credit risk management and ensure these are well understood internally and reflected in internal procedures
- Ensure timely reporting of related portfolio information to Chief Credit Officer and to other relevant Country or Regional Committee’s or Forums
- Ensure that material risk exposures and related issues are reported to the responsible governance committees and to Group and business-level committees as appropriate
- Ensure first line process owners understand and accept the risk management responsibilities under Operational Risk Framework
- Ensure implementation and enforcement of the credit policies and risk control procedures.
- Review program proposals for new and existing products submitted by countries for approval, ensuring all risk dynamics are properly addressed and controlled
- Assist the countries in maintaining the Consumer Banking Credit Policy to ensure policy aligns with the agreed risk appetite, reflects the key risk characteristics of the portfolio, and enables effective controls.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [Africa Consumer Private and Business Banking Risk team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.