Closing: Aug 31, 202215 days remaining
Published: Aug 3, 2022 (13 days ago)
1. Overall manager in charge of the workshop and responsible for all affairs and activities in the workshop.
2. Provide technical guidance to all mechanics in the workshop.
3. Keep abreast of new products, features, accessories and attend product training as required.
4. Maintain a service customer follow up system that encourages repeat and referral business and contributes to customer satisfaction.
5. Ensure accurate recording of parts and service times, job costing and invoicing in the service department.
6. Creating goals and objectives for the department, which include an annual operating budget, and a marketing plan to promote new business
7. Maintaining a high Customer Service Index (CSI) rating by handling customer complaints immediately and appropriately.
8. Maintain communication with upper management, keep track of new and existing contracts.
9. Maintain communication and share performance reports with the manufacturers of all our vehicle brands.
10. Ensure that premises, tools, equipment and other assets are controlled and used effectively to complete customer repairs within time expectations.
11. Maintain a daily workshop timekeeping and labour productivity records to monitor the effective use of the mechanics and productive labour.
12. Monitor hours attended and worked in order to achieve labour efficiency targets.
13. Establish and maintain a Training Needs Analysis to provide satisfactory levels of knowledge skills and cost effective development of staff.
14. Responsible for making a detailed business plan for the workshop that will be used as guide to foster workshop progress.
15. Responsible for promoting teamwork and cooperation among foremen and staff in the workshop to promote overall efficiency.
16. Liaise with HR Manager to ensure occupational health and safety at all times through adequate provision of protective gadgets and a conducive to trouble free environment.
17. Preside over workshop production meetings on regular basis.
18. Liaise with HR department for recruitment of suitably qualified personnel for positions in the workshop as well as staff matters concerning performance management, discipline terminations and dismissals.
19. Personally ensure development of staff through mentoring, coaching and on the job training for all staff in the workshop.
20. Submit monthly status reports to the managing director highlighting the progress made and areas of concern that require top management attention. The report should include work in progress, accomplished and new orders.
21. Monitor workshop income and expenditure and make necessary recommendations in time with the workshop activities.
22. Keep an inventory of all vehicles in the workshop at any given time with full particulars of whether the vehicles are serviceable or otherwise.
23. Establish and maintain good and regular contacts with customers, acknowledge their complaints and rectify or settle them accordingly.
24. Liaise with Parts department on spare parts requirements and issuance.
25. To liaise with workshop accounts section to ensure that payments for services rendered at the workshop are made promptly.
26. Any other duties as and when required by the Managing Director that are reasonably within your capabilities and aimed at achieving company’s objectives and goals.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE
• Degree/ Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
• A minimum of 7 years of working experience as a Service Manager is required. Experience from a Mercedes Benz dealership will be an added advantage).
• Managerial and supervisory skills
• Strong focus on providing excellent customer service
• Excellent leadership, communication, sales, and customer service skills.
• Strong industry knowledge.
• Relevant and up to date knowledge of vehicle design, manufacture and trade practices
• Strong communication skills
• Experience in handling staff welfare, performance and individual development
• Able to work effectively under pressure
• Ability to multi-task, prioritise, and manage time effectively
• Attention to detail