About the Position
- As a member of the Humanitarian Country Team, WFP has endorsed the Protection from sexual exploitation, abuse, and Harassment (PSEAH) strategy and action plan to mainstream PSEAH in program design and implementation and human resource management.
- WFP co-chairs the Inter-Agency PSEA Network and from 2020 – 2022, WFP funded the position of PSEA Coordinator. WFP is committed to the Prevention of PSEA in all its operations and would like to continue demonstrating this commitment by bridging gaps within the Inter-Agency PSEA network.
- One of the core obligations of the PSEA network is the provision of timely and accurate reports WFP’s support through this position will ensure accurate information management and reporting to enable the PSEA Network effectively deliver on its mandate.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Global Information Systems, Communications, Journalism, or related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of three years of professional experience in an international context, preferably in Gender, Information Management, GBV and Humanitarian context experience
Desired Experiences for Entry into the Role
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure as part of a team.
- Good communication skills; excellent written and analytical skills.
- Basic knowledge of Gender, GBV and PSEA.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Windows, MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Information Management.
- Willingness to work in challenging environments/field locations.
- WFP is seeking to fund and fill the position of Information Management Officer (SSA) for the Inter-Agency PSEA Network to be based in the Maiduguri Area Office.
- Under the overall supervision and guidance of the PSEA Coordinator, the Information Management Officer will support the PSEA Coordinator in the day-to-day management and coordination of the PSEA Network.
- The Information Management Officer will act as the focal point for collecting, analyzing, and disseminating PSEA information, in close coordination with PSEA Network Partners under the supervision of the PSEA Network Coordinator (UN Agencies, INGOs, NGOs, Sectors, and Sub-sectors).
Key Accountabilities (Not All-Inclusive)
- Produce PSEA Network products/reports for the Humanitarian Community. These products include but are not limited to the following: Situation updates, bulletins, snapshots, briefings, Factsheets, and FAQs.
- Liaise with PSEA Network’s Sectoral partners, and International and National counterparts to gather information to produce periodic sitreps, bulletins, snapshots.
- Support the PSEA Network Coordinator as required in drafting and designing reports and report formats.
- Establish, moderate, and maintain the PSEA Network mailing list.
- Prepare and disseminate the agendas for PSEA Network coordination meetings and training, compile presentations, produce training reports, etc.
- Organize and facilitate meetings in support of the PSEA Network Coordinator. Take meeting minutes with detailed action points during the periodic/ad hoc meeting.
- Standardize and execute quality control of PSEA Network Inter-Agency assessments and activity reports.
- Support capacity strengthening for members of the PSEA Network.
- Establish and maintain an information pool for the PSEA Network.