1. A bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field is preferred.
2. 3-5 years of experience in a related role.
3. Ability to re-validate unsettled transaction positions and work with the reconciliation team to ensure closure.
4. Thoroughly review and respond to mail inquiries related to fund loss issues.
5. Ability to adapt to changing industry regulations and technologies affecting fund reconciliation.
6. High level of integrity when handling financial data and transactions.
• Daily reconciliation of accounts for exceptions and subsequent escalations to switch and other vendors or third parties for resolution
• Daily review of the reconciled settlement report and engaging stakeholders on the outstanding items • Re-validate unsettled transaction position with reconciliation team for closure.
• Following up with banks and switches on unsettled/ wrongly settled transactions.
• Develop and maintain business relations with Reconciliation and Chargeback team at NIBBS, Unified Payments, Interswitch and Palmpay’s settlement banks.
• Liaise with relevant unit, transaction owners and processors with a view to resolve open and work in progress claims.
• Review and respond to mail inquiries.