Site Engineer - Mechanical
Closing: Jun 23, 202314 days remaining
Published: May 25, 2023 (15 days ago)
Sign up to view job details.
- Coordination and supervision of installation of the mechanical and plumbing services of projects;
- Design and review mechanical installation and services in buildings; Ventilations, firefighting & safety, Air Conditioning, HVAC and ducting systems, Hot and Cold Water, sanitary, drainage, waste management and treatment mechanical systems and medical gases systems;
- Assist in preparing and evaluation of tender documents of mechanical/plumbing engineering services (specifications, BOQs, rates, test reports, etc.) ;
- Design and produce mechanical and plumbing systems design calculations, drawings and scope of works;
- Review the design of mechanical and plumbing services of projects;
- Review and approve Submittals of Technical Material and Shop Drawings submitted by the Contractors or Design Consultants for mechanical and plumbing services of projects;
- Prepare design briefs and the design reports that address specific clients and stakeholder requirements and specifications as and when necessary,
- Preparation of comprehensive design documentation, specifications and other project documents to meet the required quality and detailing as stipulated by the Project Manager
- Work closely with other Engineers, Architects, and Quantity Surveyors in the planning of projects, scheduling of tasks and developing an integrated design,
- Review and ensure the documents prepared meet the quality standard requirements.
- Responsible for timely delivery of the expected outputs,
- Carry out design of services for projects according to the Client’s Design requirement and as per international standards and codes of practices,
- Monitor delivery of services design documents. Highlight possible late delivery prior to the event,
- Carry out site inspections and assessments as required and prepare reports when required
- Coordinate the works and submissions with all other disciplines; Architectural, Structural and Electrical Design Engineers and Quantity Surveyors (QS),
- Carry out research and identify appropriate technologies/techniques/designs that can be incorporated in the project design,
- Carry out technical reviews as appropriate
- Monitors the work process, performs quality assurance testing and enforces safety requirements.
- Comply with guidelines and regulations including permits and safety, deliver technical files and other technical documentation as required.
- Perform any additional assignment as directed by the Project Manager.
Experience and Qualification
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
Masters’ degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field (optional)
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is an added advantage
License as a professional engineer (preferably e.g. COREN, MNSE)
Experience managing large construction projects
Knowledge of building codes and regulations
Minimum of 10 years’ experience in engineering or related field
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send CV to [email protected]
Applications submitted via Fuzu have 32% higher chance of getting shortlisted.