To manage facilities and estates of the University to support all personnel and students of the University to conduct their activities and to ensure that they compliance with health and safety regulations, standards and codes.
1. Responsible for management of direct reports including coaching and mentoring of staff so they continually improve performance and achieve their potential.
2. Ensure that all members of the facilities team have up to date job descriptions and that effective use is made of the performance management system including setting goals and objectives and carrying out regular performance reviews.
3. Ensure that all health and safety obligations are adhered to by all staff and independent contractors with in the University.
4. Responsible for financial management of the facilities and annual operating budget.
5. Manage major and minor building projects including management of budgets so that projects are delivered within budget and provide management with early warning of any potential budget overruns so that risk can be managed and mitigated.
6. Responsible for the management, implementation and updating of IUEA Asset Management Plan.
7. Providing the strategic direction for IUEA Campus Development Plan so that they are refreshed and updated on an annual basis.
8. Ensure all building compliance requirements are met and are up to date.
9. Management of access, security, grounds maintenance, letting and cleaning contracts of the facilities.
10. Overall responsibility for centralized timetabling of all IUEA teaching activities, allocation of classrooms, workshops, meeting rooms, and other teaching spaces for efficiency utilization of space.
11. Management of IUEA vehicle fleet – Give weekly and monthly reports.
12. Maintain and keep furniture and fitting up to date and replaced as appropriate.
13. Management of staff work station movements and relocation.
14. Responsible for classroom setups including audio visual equipment as required.
15. Management of students& staff cafeteria including the re-letting of tenders as appropriate.