The Re:Build Researcher will play a critical role in the Re:Build project and within the ERD TU and R&I unit to carry out activities in support of the economic programming research priorities. The Researcher will be specifically responsible for coordinating across the various actors involved in the Re:Build research including country teams, Principal Investigators, data collection firms, academic partners, donors and internal departments across IRC.and playing a lead role in reporting research activities and progress to donors, and internal and external audiences. Additionally, the position may also be asked to support other business development activities within the economic research portfolio. This position requires strong project management and coordination skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and prior experience working with qualitative & quantitative data.
• Support the design, development, management and implementation of the project’s research, learning and evidence generating activities
• Responsible for coordination with principal investigators and academic partners,
• Support design, documentation and dissemination of knowledge products.
• Play a lead role in securing ethics approval for ERD research studies and ensuring that all ERD research studies comply with ethical requirements and IRC research standards
• Work closely with relevant country programs to plan for and support research implementation
• Assist in developing research instruments, conducting data collection training, and monitoring progress of research activities
• Play a lead role in monitoring the quality of data collected and conducting data analysis, including cost-efficiency analysis and rolling out and monitoring of performance metrics for ERD programs
• Play a lead role in coordinating within ERD and across technical units and country programs to collect the necessary information for donor reporting. Responsible for ensuring completion and timely submission of donor reports
• Support research dissemination activities, including developing presentations, briefs and blog posts on research design and findings
• Represent the IRC’s ERD research priorities at internal and external events, as needed
• As requested, support research related business development activities, including conducting literature reviews, brainstorming research design ideas, developing proposals and engaging with country programs