- Minimum academic qualification: Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Production Engineering
- Qualifications as an added advantage: MBA/ Leadership Development Training
- Professional registration with Engineers Association
- General work experience (years): Minimum of fifteen years
- Specific to the position (level/discipline/years): Ten years
- Industry: Manufacturing Industry
- Develop and implement the overall Mechanical Maintenance strategy for the company.
- Maintain current knowledge of maintenance methods and practices, including use of diagnostic equipment and procedures recommended by equipment manufacturer.
- Identify gaps in the maintenance processes and implement strategies to close gaps and to improve equipment reliability, sustainability, and reduce maintenance costs.
- Plan for the renewal and overhaul of assets to ensure sustainability.
- Ensure the safe, efficient and accurate maintenance of equipment according to maintenance procedures, instructions and schedules.
- Provides engineering support by responding to requests for mechanical problems.
- Ensure equipment reliability and availability (safe and good condition at all times).
- Assess spares needs, identify critical spares and place appropriate orders and monitor usage.
- Ensure effective preventive maintenance programs that will minimize service repairs in the long run, plan and maintain autonomous maintenance.
- Ensure proper planning in advance of major & annual shutdowns and resources for the same
- Synchronize maintenance processes with departments in the plant.
- Responsible for managing and completing all maintenance and repair requests from production in a cost effective and timely manner. This includes prompt response to breakdown to minimize down time, overtime cost and interruption of production.
- Responsible for talent development and succession planning for the maintenance department
- Timely documentation and records as required by the business. This includes regular reports for maintenance issues and technical reports.
- Identify and manage contractors and suppliers by ensuring quality of work and compliance with all company policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of health and safety legislation, standards, procedures, and practices.
- Conduct regular risk assessments and audits and identify high risk areas and initiate appropriate corrective and preventive actions.
- Identify, evaluate, plan, implement, and manage projects to improve equipment and safety performance, reduce costs, and ensure sustainability.
- Initiate, participate and implement improvement programs in maintenance.
- Responsible for formulating the budget for maintenance and production and ensuring compliance to the budget.
- Make necessary reviews when deemed appropriate in consultation with the General Manager and Finance Manager.
- Ensure that fixed and variable costs are monitored, reviewed and controlled as per the budgetary guidelines.
- Manage a vendor base to ensure quality and quantity procurement in line with the budgets approved.
- Overall responsible for taking procurement decisions in consultation with the Supply Chain Department and the BH
- Ensure that inventory is maintained at optimum level
- Ensure that all the maintenance processes adhere to the set BPP
Administrative responsibility :
- Ensure compliance the company rules and regulations.
- Liaise closely with the EHS and QA/compliance functions to ensure compliance with all regulatory and local requirement
- Ensure adherence to Occupational and Environmental Safety Health Administration standards