Job Purpose: To Operate and maintain cleaning equipment and tools. Also responsible for washing dishes, cutlery, crockery, kitchen vessels, sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning and detailing equipment's etc. Maintains the kitchen, dish washing and back area in an inspection-ready condition in accordance with local authority and hotel guidelines.
- Diploma in food and Beverage sales and service or High school certificate.
- Hospitality experience of at least 6 months in a busy environment.
Competencies & Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well and remain calm under pressure.
- Interest in food and beverage service.
- High standards of personal hygiene and personal grooming.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure the kitchen is clean, well maintained and organized at all times.
- Operate pot-washing machinery and maintain a hygienic working environment in accordance with hygiene regulations and company standards.
- Adhere to all food safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Assist the Cooks and other staff members when necessary.
- Collects and dispose trash from all areas of the operation following established procedures and Adhere to recycling guidelines.
- Carry out general cleaning as directed to include sweeping, mopping up, washing up, emptying of rubbish bins and ensuring placement in the correct areas.
- Cleans and sanitizes pots, pans, utensils, and other minor equipment routinely used in the kitchen following established procedures.
- If any breakages or chipped items found, then remove them from circulation and update the breakage and inventory register.