Stand a chance of having a mock interview with Fuzu’s Head of HR and Recruitment over dinner and get all the tips and tricks you need to ace your next interview.
Dating and job search are similar. Some dating rules apply in job hunting; one has to dress to impress, pay attention to details and do research to show how much they care. Not forgetting all the pressure that comes with both.
At some point in your career, you’ll find yourself being invited for lunch/ dinner interviews, it might probably be at the 2nd or 3rd stage of the interview process. How do you survive such an interview that combines the stress of a first date and a job interview?
Here are key pointers that will help you ace a dinner interview: -
1. Timing; ensure you get to the pre-agreed location at least 15 minutes earlier. You wouldn’t want to keep your date waiting.
2. Etiquette; be polite to the restaurant staff and anyone you interact with. You never know who’s monitoring your social skills.
3. Dress code; dress like you would for any interview.
4. What to order; this can turn out to be an opportunity for an embarrassing moment. Play safe, order something that you are familiar with.
An invitation for a lunch or dinner interview is an indication that employers are interested in you. Take advantage of that opportunity to showcase your social skills and personality.
This being the week of dinners, lunches and gifts, we’d love to have dinner with you. You read that right. You stand a chance of having a mock interview with Fuzu’s Head of HR and Recruitment over dinner and get all the tips and tricks you need to ace your next interview. She’s good company, an entertainer with a great sense of humor who charms and engages those around her.
All you have to do is comment in the comment section below and tell us why it should be you.The best and most compelling comment wins, it’s that simple!
We are excited to announce the two winners of our our mock dinner interview contest.
1. Eliud Wafula - 0708xxx380
2. Jacqueline - 0715xxx458
Congratulations William and Jacqueline!