Timely sectoral analysis, input, support and coordination contribute to the Situation Analysis with consistent integration of sex disaggregated data and its periodic update for effective project planning, development and management:
- Contributes towards the preparation of the Situation Analysis by overseeing collection, analysis and evaluation of information, and providing the technical guidance and input. Ensures the timely preparation of the Situation Analysis related to Immunization (EPI) interventions in the country including COVID 19 vaccination roll out and its periodic update. Coordinates to make quality contributions to other related interventions (e.g. Measles, Health and Nutrition) as part of the integrated immunization activities.
- Ensures the quality sectoral input to the Country Programme Document (CPD) and all related documents (e.g. Plan of Operations, Project Plans of Action, Country Programme Summary Sheet) of the immunization programme.
Quality contributions are made to the development and implementation of the Immunization strategies and approaches through participation and collaboration with internal and external partners:
- Collaborate with other UNICEF sectors, particularly Health, Nutrition, WASH and programme communication to ensure integration of the Immunization Programme with other interventions (e.g. malaria).
- Participates with UNICEF, Government, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and other partners in the development of the immunization strategies and approaches. Ensures achievement of strategic results in line with agreed Annual and Country Programme objectives and adopts corrective action to meet programme/project objectives.
- Contributes to the identification, development and dissemination of new strategies, methodologies, approaches and tools for improving programme delivery with emphasis on project management, evaluation, sustainability of intervention and community participation based on Human Rights framework and cross sector approach, in collaboration with other partners (e.g. WHO).
Work plan and objectives are strategically established, technical support is effectively provided, and planned results are timely delivered through exercise of strong leadership:
- As Immunization Manager , exercises managerial and technical leadership for and participates in the development of the results-based sectoral work plan and technical decisions as well as for administration, implementation, monitoring and follow-p of sectoral project activity, consistent with the defined project strategies and approaches.
- Ensures objectives and targets are timely met and achieved meeting the requirements and quality standards, through full coordination between activities, by leading and supporting a team of professional and support staff.
- Meets with national and international agencies overseeing the management of programmes/projects.
- Participates in meetings with ministries responsible for programme/project review, and follows up on implementation of recommendations and agreements, and integration of gender mainstreaming across sectors.
Project implementation progress is monitored and evaluated for adjustment, acceleration and improvement of program delivery and sustainability:
- Undertake field visits to monitor programmes as well as participates in periodic programme reviews with government counterparts and other partners. Identifies necessary action for programme adjustments.
- Provides technical advice and assistance to government officials and implementing partners in the planning and management of the immunization programme and ensure sustainability of interventions.
Technical support is provided to government and NGOs at all stages of the programme cooperation, including capacity building of government personnel and beneficiaries:
- Provides expert guidance and technical support to government and partners at the national and state levels in the planning, development and implementations stages of the programme/projects.
- Identifies training needs; coordinates, develops, organizes and oversees training and orientation activities for government personnel and beneficiaries, for the purpose of capacity building, sustainability of programme/projects and promotion/expansion of coverage of services.
The capacities of Country Office staff are strengthened through effective capacity building programme in the development, implementation and management of the Immunization programme:
- Guides, coordinates and organizes a staff training/development programme with Regional and HQ Advisers to upgrade the capacity of UNICEF Country Office staff enabling them to progressively engage in and lead in the programme development, implementation and management of immunization programme.
- Oversees the conduct of relevant orientation, workshop, training and staff learning/development activities.
UNICEF and Government accountability is ensured for supply and non-supply assistance and disbursement of programme funds for the sector:
- Coordinates with Operations and Supply staff on supply and non-supply assistance activities ensuring UNICEF and Government accountability. Certifies disbursements of funds, ensuring those activities are within established plans of action and programme budget allotments.
- Monitors the overall allocation and disbursement of programme funds, making sure that funds are properly coordinated, monitored and liquidated. Takes appropriate actions to optimize use of programme funds.
- Ensure programme efficiency and delivery through a rigorous and transparent approach to programme planning, monitoring and evaluation. Submits financial status reports to management in compliance with the regulations and guidelines.
Effective partnership and collaboration achieved and maintained for advocacy, technical cooperation, programme coordination, information sharing and knowledge networking:
- Coordinates activities and exchanges information and knowledge with other programmes to contribute to achievement of overall country programme objectives.
- Participates in establishing effective monitoring, knowledge database/network and reporting systems to ensure the availability of current and accurate programme information/data, and contributes to the development of communication materials and strategies to support advocacy and community participation for the immunization programme
- Maintains close working relationships to establish partnership and collaboration with external counterparts, including those of the UN and national partners, in order to improve the ability to collect and disseminate relevant data, exchange information on programme/project development and implementation. Ensures a significant exchange of knowledge, information, experience and lessons learnt.
The most relevant and strategic information is provided to support the Immunization Programme by the effective implementation of integrated child survival monitoring system:
- In collaboration with monitoring and evaluation and programme communication colleagues, conducts accurate and timely monitoring and data collection and supports an integrated monitoring system.
- Participates in major evaluation exercises, programme mid-term review, annual sector review and preview meetings. Analyses and evaluates data to ensure achievement of objectives and recommends corrective measures as appropriate.
- Ensures the accurate and timely input of project information in the monitoring system, and issues status reports for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
- Drawing on monitoring and analysis of key programme performance and management indicators, provides expert input to management reports, including relevant sections of the annual reports. Provides technical advice to programme staff, government counterparts and other partners on planning and management of integrated monitoring and evaluation of the programme.
All required programme reports are timely prepared in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures:
- Ensure the timely preparation of annual sector status reports in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures.
- Participates in the preparation of all programme reports for management, Board, donors, budget reviews, programme analysis and annual reports.
Emergency preparedness is maintained, and in emergencies, emergency responses with effective coordination are provided:
- Collaborates in forming emergency preparedness plan relating to the area of responsibility.
- In case of emergency, participates in monitoring and assessing the nature and extent of the emergency in the assigned area.
- Coordinates and provides assistance to the country office in identifying where support is required in terms of immediate response as well as long-term strategy and plan.