Join Africa's fastest growing career community!

Featured

7 The Things You Loved Most About Fuzu in 2021

2021 has been an amazing year with a lot of great things happening behind the scenes to support our Fuzu community in growing their careers. Here are some highlights.

Article Preview Image

2021 has been an amazing year with a lot of great things happening behind the scenes to support our Fuzu community in growing their careers. Here are some highlights.

Photo credit: Lookstudio

Feels like we blinked and the year just flew by. How are those new year’s resolutions holding up? No pressure if you are lagging behind on some, 2022 will be a fresh start that will allow you to reset and refocus. But as we eagerly usher in the new year, we can’t help but look in the rearview mirror and be amazed by what has happened on Fuzu in 2021. A lot of great things have happened, too good to just not talk about. I’ll try to keep it short.  

1. Launched the new Fuzu platform. 

While we are focused on disrupting how people build their careers, we’ve been keen on making the hardest things to do easier and simpler for our users. Read more.

2. MTN Pulse and Fuzu’s partnership

We partnered with Uganda’s youth platform MTN Pulse to support Pulsers with access to job opportunities and career guidance. Read more. 

3. Launched Fuzu in Nigeria

Nigerians officially joined our Fuzu community this year. Read more. Have you seen Sapa being chased out of town?

4. Featured in the 'Jobs in Lockdown: Insights from Sub-Saharan Africa' report by IMF

The International Monetary Fund published the ‘Jobs in Lockdown: Insights from Sub-Saharan Africa’ report examining the job market during the lockdowns. The report features data from Fuzu. Read more.

5. Product updates

We’ve made major improvements to our CV creation tool. Creating your CV should no longer be that stressful and time-consuming, do it in minutes using the CV Creator and explore the different designs. 

Nobody wants to see you win more than we do. That’s why we thought it would be best to make our Career Coaching product offering better. You can now select a session that suits you. Show me now!

6. Love from our community

“The power of Fuzu’s Application Tracking System has been instrumental in how we select top talent, not to mention the tremendous time savings associated.” Anne Ngumo, Human Resource Manager, Burn Manufacturing. 

“We have utilized Fuzu’s end-to-end recruitment for our senior and technical roles and we have found that the Talent Acquisition team went above and beyond to understand our companies needs and deliver quality.” Carol Omanjo, Deputy Chief Operating Officer, Car & General. 

"My biggest challenge was not knowing where to start. However, Fuzu mentored me through my transition from a fresh graduate into becoming a competitive job candidate," Carren. Read her full story. 

“My career coaching session was interesting and helpful. I learned so much about how to write my CV and how to answer interview questions.” Christine. 

7. Learning

We partnered with world-leading learning courses providers such as Udemy. Learn new skills and accelerate your career growth. Take me to the courses.

What was your Fuzu highlight of 2021? Share with us in the comment section below. 

Written by

Kelvin Mokaya

Give a like!

1 Comments

Sign in to read comments and engage with the Fuzu community.

Login or Create a Free Account