Department Strategic Objectives
- Lead in the delivery of customer and field sales business objectives towards the achievement of the overall organisation business and growth objectives
- Work with the Distributor/Distributor sales team to deliver agreed business objectives within assigned territory.
- Van Sales Representative/Open Market Sales Representative.
- Must be able to influence, inspire and drive performance without having direct management responsibility for distributor staff
- A key contributor to the success of the PZ Cussons commercial strategic plan with an effective and flexible field sales force; demonstrating industry leadership in both volume driving & brand building activity.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Needed
- First Degree in any discipline
- Computer Literacy
Experiences: (What experience brings success to this role):
- Minimum of 1 year experience in marketing or sales, and over this period has successfully delivered on KPIs.
- Direct experience of PZ Cussons Way of selling capabilities with a focus on Sales Driver execution at the point of purchase (QDVP), Outlet Segmentation and Managing Relationships including structured call, persuasive selling and brand passion.
Knowledge: (What does the person need to know):
- Good knowledge of business objectives and priorities.
- Experienced driver with valid license
- Knowledge of Field Sales Management and Market Intelligence.
- PZ Cussons Leadership competencies
Functional or Technical / Business Skills: (What can the holder do):
- Commercial Acumen - Emerging
- Customer Management - Emerging
- Negotiation Skills - Emerging
- In Market Execution - Emerging
- Selling Skills - Emerging
- Sales Drivers - Emerging
- Channel Strategy - Emerging
- Communication/Interpersonal skills - Developed
- IT Skills - Developed.
- Achieve agreed business objectives/KPIs for the territory( Sell-out, Focus Brands, NPD listing, POP deployment, promotions etc.)
- Implement outlet coverage strategy in assigned territory, enlist and keep updated database of relevant outlets.
- Achieve sales drivers (Quality, Distribution, Visibility, Price/promotion) objectives for the territory.
- Manage and review the activities of the Secondary Sales Force in assigned territory
- Work with Area Sales Manager to develop Joint Business Plan of customers in assigned territory.
- Monitor and manage execution of all Promotional /launch/ agencies activities in assigned territory.
- Lead Market intelligence gathering and competitor activity monitoring and report timely.
- Target vs. Actual monthly/yearly performance (sell-out,e, KPIs
- Timely and quality of execution of trade and marketing activities in assigned territory)
- Implementation of Territory Coverage Strategy
- Achievement of Quality, Distribution, Visibility, Price/promotion targets.
Internal & External Relationships:
- Area Sales Manager
- Marketing/Sales/Channel/Supply Chain/Finance/HR team
- PZ Marketing & Sales network