Maisha Meds is hiring! We’re looking for a Partnerships Manager with a strong growth-oriented mindset to join our team and champion our expansion to Nigeria.
Join Our Team
Maisha Meds is an organisation dedicated to improving health care in Africa. We began full-time operations in 2017 and over the past few years have grown to support over 1.5 million patient encounters annually across Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Nigeria, and Zambia with our suite of software products. We are building the financial and technology infrastructure to enable global health funders to pay for health outcomes at the last mile, with a focus on malaria case management (and results from an RCT with UC Berkeley due out later this year), injectable contraceptives, prenatal care, HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis, and COVID testing and vaccination.
In 2022, we commenced operations in Nigeria and now have over 90+ facilities on our platform with sales teams in Lagos and Kano.
Our work is funded by USAID Development Innovation Ventures, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation, Grand Challenges Canada, Pfizer, and others, and we are starting to build partnerships with multilateral global health funders, pharmaceutical companies, and national health insurance funds. We use data from our point-of-sale software to design programs that leverage financial incentives to improve the up-take of high-impact health products. And we measure our success by our ability to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare diagnosis, treatment, and prevention for low-income patients across Africa.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic and diligent Partnerships Manager who will join our team with a focus on growing our customer base in Nigeria. The candidate should have experience in partner engagements and have a track record of fostering partnerships that have led to significant business growth in the health-tech sales spaces or other relevant sectors. The Partnerships Manager will need to negotiate and draw up MoUs that foster collaborative growth with relevant industry stakeholders in the retail pharma private sector. The Partnerships Manager should enjoy a fast-paced working environment, and be skilled at working with and interacting with regulators and professional associations. You should be a negotiator, and have the capacity to lead teams working remotely or onsite.
This role reports to the Country Expansion Manager in Nigeria and will support the following:;
- Identify potential scale partners in line with Maisha Meds' growth projections
- Negotiating and drafting MoUs with identified partners
- Developing and implementing acquisition/referral strategies in collaboration with the Sales Manager
- Continuous performance review of existing partnerships to identify areas for improvement
- Ensuring partner compliance with the terms and conditions in the MoU
- Ensuring that Maisha Meds delivers on agreed commitments and escalates potential challenges in a timely manner
- Proactively identifying potential risks to existing partnership arrangements
- Evaluate the success of our partnerships and if providing a return on investment
- Degree (minimum) in business, customer service, pharmacy business or other related fields
- Tech conversant and ability to quickly learn and become a proficient user of both our app and internal tools.
- Minimum of 5 years experience of working in a business development or account management role
- Experience working with government stakeholders, health institutions or pharmaceutical bodies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with sales processes and CRM systems a plus
- Excited and energetic to work tirelessly on establishing meaningful partnerships
- Growth mindset and enthusiasm for learning, feedback, and continuous improvement
- Humility and personal stability. We are looking for passionate professionals that combine strong leadership skills with conscientiousness, patience, and a humble approach to service
- You care deeply about what we’re building and how it may change how healthcare is accessed for millions of patients.
Why You Should Join Us
- On a roll: Doubling year over year with new funding partnerships soon to be announced and recent expansion into Uganda, Nigeria, and Ethiopia
- Great team: Founded, managed and backed by successful veterans of Stanford School of Medicine, Google, mPharma, I&M bank. We have technologists, clinicians, and economists working side by side to solve difficult problems.
- Great funders: We’re backed by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID Development Innovation Ventures, CIFF, WHO FIND, and Pfizer to pay for healthcare on behalf of patients, with others to be announced soon.
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing $50+ billion market for healthcare payments for low-income patients, with a focus on paying for health outcomes to ensure patients get better.
- Great customers: Create incentives that ensure our nurses, pharmacists, and clinicians provide excellent care and pay them when this happens.
- Impact: A fun and exciting start-up culture that empowers its people to make a huge impact.