The Head of Communications and Corporate Affairs will develop, manage and implement an effective Corporate Affairs Strategy for the organization that enhances visibility and goodwill towards the organization and coordination of all its internal and external stakeholders
A Graduate Degree in Mass Communication, Journalism, Social Sciences, Arts, or any related discipline.
Master of Public Relations/ Communications/ Journalism and affiliation to relevant professional bodies will be an added advantage.
A minimum of Seven (7) years’ experience working in a vibrant organization and the media industry.
A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar position working with a vibrant organization in Public Relations and Communication.
• Build and maintain positive media relationships with all sections of the media so as to enhance goodwill, objective reporting and favourable/ positive public and media perception of the company.
• Develop, execute and prepare monthly reports on execution of the Corporate Affairs strategies.
• Ensure articulate and consistent communication of the desired company image and position both internally and externally.
• Identify and exploit Corporate Affairs/Public Relations opportunities, needs and implement proactive publicity programmes in order to obtain positive/favourable coverage in the media. • Responsible for the company’s editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all company publications and adverts. e.g. Annual reports
• Manage the maintenance of a high quality, regularly updated and interactive corporate website and other new social media channels and analyse website performance on a weekly and monthly basis.
• Design and implement communication sensitization programmes for the company aimed at enhancing the corporate image and visibility.
• Ensure that the company communication outputs are of a high standard and are delivered within agreed budget and desired timelines.
• Plan for and coordinate the implementation of the company Corporate Social Responsibility and ensure positive publicity in print and electronic media.
• Prepare the unit's annual budget and ensure optimal resource utilization.