Applicants should be Ugandans in possession of an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering; or Chemistry; or Environmental Science; or any other related field plus a Masters Degree in any of the above or related field from a recognized University/Institution.
Applicants should have six (6) years relevant working experience, three (3) of which should have been served at the Level of Senior Officer or equivalent level of experience from a reputable organization.
Applicants should have the following Core Competencies:
- Public Sector Management, Results Orientation, Ethics and Integrity, Interpersonal, Communication and Computer Skills, Ability to Adapt to Multi Cultural Settings, Innovation, Concern for Quality, Standards and Technical Competence, Ability to Coach Subordinates and Report Writing Skills.
- Strategic Thinking, Negotiation Skills, Team Building, Conflict Management, Policy Development, Change Management, Research and Project Management Skills.
- Participating in preparation and updating of standards for downstream petroleum products, equipment and facilities;
- Preparing and implementing programs so as to ensure compliance with downstream petroleum standards;
- Developing operating codes of practice throughout the downstream petroleum supply chain operations;
- Following-up with the Department’s Enforcement Section prosecutions on downstream petroleum standards offences;
- Participating in preparation of work plans, budgets and reports for the Division;
- Supervising and appraising the staff in the Division;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.