o Master’s degree in a Business related field from a recognized Institution.
o Postgraduate qualification in computer-related field is an added advantage
o Honours Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication from a recognized Institution.
o At least 6 years working experience in Education related field.
o Demonstrated ability in: speaking, writing, editing and research on Education and media issues, establishing and maintaining strategic alliances and collaboration mechanisms with education and training institutions and relevant stakeholders; teamwork and net working; creativity, good judgment and decision making.
o Exposure and understanding/appreciation of issues of the Sector.
1. Qualifying persons should submit five (5) copies of their application letters duly signed together with certified photocopies of their transcripts, certificates, five (5) recent passport photographs and latest copy of their curriculum vitae giving full details of the applicants’ education, work experience and naming three referees with their postal addresses and day time phone contact. The application should be put in a big (A4) sealed envelope and the job applied for indicated on the envelope. Applicants must make sure that at least two referees have forwarded recommendation letters concerning their application to the University Secretary before the closing date of this advertisement.
2. Applicants for the vacancy of Teaching Assistants in Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery should indicate the relevant experience and area of interest on the application letter.
3. Applications should be hand delivered to the Office of the University Secretary and addressed to:
The University Secretary,
Lira University, P.O. Box 1035, Lira.
4. Applicants can also apply on-line by sending scanned application letter, curriculum vitae and relevant documents to [email protected]
6. The deadline for receiving applications is 30th September 2020.
7. Lira University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
8. Applicants should show demonstrable qualities of leadership and integrity.
9. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
10. Due diligence by the university will form part of the selection criteria.
11. Any form of solicitation or lobbying will lead to automatic cancellation of Application.
o Drafts articles, press releases and fact sheets about the available academic programmes, possible sources of logistical and financial support to the learners, research opportunities, fellowships etc. for dissemination to the media and public;
o Ensures that accurate University news/ information/ data are updated and posted to the website regularly;
o Participates in packaging and dissemination of information required by different categories of stakeholders and the public and supports maintenance of a sound feedback mechanism;
o Participates in media monitoring, analysis and prepares briefs to the Vice Chancellor;
o Researches and drafts media and press briefings about the University policies, plans, strategies, and programmes, initiatives and endeavours;
o Manages the University’s media plat forms.
o Provides technical support to the supervisor and the University Management generally in planning, organizing and implementing National Academic Exhibitions by the University.
o Advocates, builds and maintains good will and a positive image of the University in relation to the Mass media.
o Participates in the planning, organizing and implementing major functions of the University with the relevant technical departments and University Organs.
o Participates in the marketing drive of the University to increase University’s visibility, funding, and enrollment.
o Any other duties that may be assigned to him/her by the supervisor