How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation?
- Under the guidance of the Senior Health Informatics Officer – System Development, the Health Informatics Officer will be responsible for design and develop EGPAF Kenya Knowledge Management System (EKMS) that facilitates on-going analysis of aggregate and patient level data, and support the timely reporting for contractual and ad hoc reports to programs staff, donor and other stakeholders. He/she will support in establishment, expansion, implementation and maintenance of a robust knowledge management system in furtherance of EGPAF’s goals and objectives.
To Be Successful, You Will Have
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or Information Technology.
- Demonstrable experience in development and implementation of android and web-based m-health solutions.
- Knowledge of transactional databases (MySQL, SQL Server, SQLite) and database.
- Experience in designing, developing, implementing and maintaining knowledge. management systems that facilitate data use for decision making.
- Experience with server setup and maintenance (including networking and computer hardware maintenance).
- Demonstrated technical experience integrating different data sources from/to different databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server, Open MRS framework) while addressing data quality; database performance, optimization, data aggregation using PostgreSQL/SQL query scripts.
- Ability to work effectively in a busy, high pressure team environment.
- Ability to prioritize workload and demonstrate outcomes on strict deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Must be able to travel locally.
- Experience working in Health domain.
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect as a Title ?
- Design, develop and implement android and web-based m-health solutions using cutting edge technologies that facilitate real time data transmission and report sharing.
- Support in implementation and maintenance of EGPAF Kenya’s Knowledge Management System (EKMS).
- Provide technical support for eHealth/mHealth systems including first level support, troubleshooting, system testing, application rollout, user training and providing excellent post-rollout client support via phone, internet, or in-person.
- Support routine EMR database uploads to the National Data Warehouse.
- Write programming scripts to support extraction and aggregation of data for program progress monitoring and reporting through DATIM and MOH system (DHIS).
- Coordinate application deployment for multiple projects and partners.
- Support training and capacity building sessions to EGPAF staff, MoH and other stakeholders on health informatics related activities including EMR and use of m-health solutions.
- Support internal and partner health information system training and continuous mentorship.
- Ensure that program staff and partners have enough capability for operating existing and required information systems.
- Represent the project in health informatics technical forums at facility, sub-county and county level.