Highlight of the week (HOW)! - Catch your biggest stories here.
You know you have made it when your company name becomes a verb or a household name. How often do you find yourself saying you’ve ‘Ubered’ , ‘Whatsapped’ or ‘Skyped’? I’m certain it’s on a regularly. But who doesn’t Google something on a daily basis?
As it turns out, it only takes looking at the top Google searches of a society to know them. Google who currently have 2.5 billion active Android users, revealed their top searches in 2019 giving insights into what people are interested in. While most searches revolved around trending personalities and news, it’s clear that people are keen on what goes on around them.
Check out if you Googled for any of these top searches:
- How to apply for passport
- How to start a business
- How to make money
- How to create a website
- How to hack Wifi
- Bob Collymore
- Eliud Kipchoge
- Jobs near me
- Rugby World Cup
- James Small
- Avengers Endgame
- Nipsey Hussle
- Why were cornflakes invented
- What is Xenophobia
- Naira Marley
- How to start a blog
- How to write a formal letter
- How to write a CV
Google search statistics you should know about:
- Google handles over 75,000 queries per second.
- Google’s global share of mobile search traffic is over 85%.
- 50% of the search queries in Google are 4 words or longer.
- Google handles more than 2 trillion searches per year.
Did we leave anything out that you you think was trending in 2019? Share with us in the comment section below.