Grant Writing Manager
Spark Microngrants Kampala, Uganda
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 2 days left to apply for this job.
As Spark pivots from a traditional implementation NGO to a training and service provider for governments and civil societies, our growth strategy demands someone to spearhead grant prospecting, writing, management, and coordination.
You will be responsible for prospecting new opportunities, grant writing, reporting, as well as supporting on other external and internal communication. Candidates must have very strong writing skills as well as prior experience creating grant proposals. The Grant Writing Manager will receive exceptional experience in a rapidly growing organization and have a rare opportunity to contribute to the development of a new model for community-driven international development.The Grant Writing Manager will work closely with the Growth team, as well as our partner-facing Community of Practice and Rwanda teams, to identify and follow up on funding opportunities. We are looking for candidates who are motivated, flexible and passionate about the chance to make a difference in this growing organization.
Grant Writing & Reporting (~80% of time)
• Identifying grant funding opportunities.
• Writing, submitting and managing grant proposals.
• Furnishing prospective funders with supporting documents.
• Collaborating with the Development Director to compile quarterly and annual reports.
• Maintaining records in hard copies and computer databases.
• Displaying adherence to Spark’s mission.
• Maintaining proficient knowledge of organization’s history and programs.
• Assisting with the execution of the Growth Department's strategy.
Communications (~20% of time)
• Collaborating with the Development Director to send funders newsletters.
• Leading on Spark’s bi-annual email campaigns.
• Working with field staff to collect, edit, and distribute information and media from Spark's partner communities.
• Supporting the development of marketing materials.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 2 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Spark Microngrants has no other jobs
Communication Officer- Abim District Local Government (Re-Advertisement)
Uganda / Ministry of Local Government (Uganda)
Kampala / Biyinzika Poultry
WRITERS WANTED (* UPDATE: +1 paid intern for video production)
Custom location, / I-We
Social Media Support
Nairobi / Nature Kenya
Digital Marketing Executive
Nairobi / A fast growing Digital Marketing and Communications firm