Purpose Of The Job
To promote research studies and dissemination of research findings and assist the Head of Department in guiding and advising the academic staff within the department on the provision and promotion of quality and internationally acceptable academic education.
a) Must have a PhD in a relevant Discipline.
b) Must be at the minimum level of Associate Professor with at least have ten (10) years of teaching/research experience in a recognized University/Institution.
c) Must have published at least ten articles in peer reviewed journals, or ten book chapters (five of which should have been published after the last promotion) or two books with ISBN Number.
d) Five journal articles shall be vetted.
e) Should have supervised two graduate students to completion, one of whom should be at PhD level.
f) Should have contributed to community service.
Interested persons who meet the minimum requirements should submit their applications together with the following:
(a) A detailed and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
(b) Certified copies of academic transcripts, certificates, professional qualifications and appointment letters.
(c) Names and addresses of three referees.
(d) Copies of National Identity Card, birth certificate or copies of relevant pages of the passport indicating the applicant’s date of birth.
1. To provide academic leadership and guidance in the department.
2. To identify and supervise the conduct of research studies by the undergraduate and postgraduate students.
3. To prepare and deliver lectures to students.
4. To organize and conduct seminars and tutorials.
5. To set tests and examinations as well as mark and grade scripts.
6. To advise students on their academic performance.
7. To lead curriculum review.
8. To coach and mentor academic staff in the department