Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor`s in Industrial ceramics.
- 4 years + related experience in the same role.
- Prior 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing set up.
- ISO certification for Quality processes.
Process quality control.
- Development and communication of quality policies and procedures i.e., ensure that quality policies and procedures are developed in line with standard manufacturing practices, and also keeps a breast with new quality policies and procedures.
- Inspection of production materials by preparing and conducting physical and chemical analysis of production materials.
- Ensuring that the set quality parameters such as raw material size specifications, quality of mixing, filter shape among other are within the acceptable range.
- Cost control i.e., ensures that the day-to-day production activities are run within the budget.
Customer’s Quality Concerns.
- Support in resolving the customer’s quality concerns i.e., receiving and reviewing customer quality feedback on the products and understand customer demands and expectations of the product.
- Carry out investigations on all customer quality concerns promptly and coordinate with the rest of the stake holders in planning and developing policies and procedure to solve and mitigate customer quality concerns.
Product and Process standards.
- Developing product and process standards; ensures that new processes and products are certified with the national regulation bodies.
- Product/process certifications; ensures that the process and products meet performance tests, quality assurance tests, and also meets criterion set by national regulatory bodies like UNBS as well as international bodies.
- Coordinate external and Internal quality Audits.
- Prepare and conduct physical and chemical analysis tests of raw materials as well as water quality testing for the all-finished products.
- Support in trainings for the production staffs; these may be on-job training during onboarding or refresher trainings.
- Support in the performance management processes i.e., ensure timely performance appraisals/review are done for the junior staff.
- Support in ensuring that leaves are planned and tracked efficiently.
Production records management.
- Quality related data compilation and entries; ensure that all necessary quality related records such as defects, etc. are accurately and timely recorded.
- Production data compilation and entries i.e., ensure that all necessary production records such as daily production volumes, defects, contact hours, etc. are accurately and timely recorded in the ERP system.
Health, safety & environment.
- Security management; coordinate and evaluate security programs to monitor the factory security risks from inside or outside the factory.
- Ensure that the production health safety SOPs are followed e.g., wearing of PPEs.
Research and Development.
- Continual improvement projects; support in ongoing studies/research to improve on the filter performance and/or future products.
- Housekeeping standards; ensures hygiene and cleanliness of staff and the working environment.
- Meals Management; ensure that food budgets are prepared and sent on time to the account’s office, supervisors the food preparation, and also maintaining a fully stocked kitchen inventory and complying with safety and cleanliness standards.
- Waste Management; coordinates with external waste collectors for disposal of wastes.