What is required?
Relationship and Alignment:
- Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Alignment with Water Mission’s Statement of Faith and core values of Love, Excellence, and Integrity.
- Commitment to ending the global water crisis.
Education Qualification and Experience:
- National Diploma in Water Engineering or Higher National Diploma in Civil Engineering with Previous Experience implementing water supply works in Humanitarian settings.
- 4+ years’ Experience in implementation of water supply works in humanitarian settings with INGOs.
- Should be willing to reside in West Nile.
- Holder of a valid Uganda Driver’s License.
Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency in office computer applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to clearly articulate ideas and feedback constructively.
- Self-starter who problem solves and knows when and how to ask for assistance and counsel.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good photography and documentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a high level of integrity.
- Ability to make field travels to remote locations within Uganda.
- Legal authorization to work in Uganda.
- Operations and maintenance of water systems.
- Maintaining a strong Christian witness and model servant leadership to colleagues, partners, the communities we serve, and the public.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Implementing technical aspects of projects according to WMI standards.
- Conduct field inspections and site assessments as needed under the direction of the WASH Engineer.
- Installation of water system components that include the following main components: pumps, motors, inverters, chlorinators, and solar panels.
- Timely and effective response to water system break downs to ensure the constant supply of water to the communities served.
- Checking on the stock levels of fittings and all water supply materials to ensure proper records and timely procurement.
- Ensuring the safety and cleanliness of pump stations and reservoir premises on a routine basis.
- Coordinating with the water system operators to ensure the proper and timely supply of water to the communities.
- Engaging with the local leaders to ensure that tap stands and handpumps as well handled and maintained by the communities.
- Represent the organization during WASH coordination meeting with the different stakeholders.
- Training local water system operators on the safe and proper operation and maintenance of the water system components.
- Keeping an update of the water systems component properties as well as any other information for proper documentation.
- Project reporting, including taking photographs and recording testimonials.
- Distributing chlorine to systems for water treatment and water quality testing.
- Regular monitoring of the water systems functionality.
- Ensure that fuel is supplied to the system generators on time and the fuel reports compiled and shared with the WASH Engineer.
- Undertake any other duties that may be assigned, support the work in other are