To manage the optimal performance and productivity of the Centre Farm.
• A degree in Veterinary Sciences, Animal Sciences with training in Farm Management.
• Should have a post-graduate Diploma in Animal Breeding, production, animal health, Farm Management or related discipline from a recognized institution.
• Should have a broad knowledge of records management as farm activities involve a lot of records keeping Should have a broad knowledge of project planning and management.
• Should have the ability to work with and supervise multidisciplinary teams.
• Working experience of at least four (5) years with practical exposure to farm operations is a prerequisite.
• Plans and budgets for the operations of the Centre and ensure their effective implementation.
• Manages and accounts for the human, fiscal and physical assets of the Centre Farm.
• Supervises monitors and evaluates the performance of the Centre Farm in respect to set targets including production and breeding programs.
• Centre Farm in respect to set targets including production and breeding programs.
• Prepares and submits periodic reports on the performance of the farm including Supervises, mentors and appraises technical staff and oversees the administration of all other staff.
• Initiates innovations to enhance the productive capacity of the Centre Farm.
• Organizes and coordinates outreach activities to the farmers to enhance their productivity and get feedback on challenges they encounter.
• Enforces acceptable standards of production, breeding, health and safety on the Centre Farm.
• Liaises with the technical Units to procure, schedule preventive maintenance or repair farm machinery
• Maintains an inventory of the Centre Farm's Asset including stock
• Undertakes any other official duties as assigned by the immediate Supervisor