a) Master’s degree in environmental science, Environment Engineering, Engineering, Construction, chemical, or any other relevant master’s degree.
b) Bachelor’s degree (Hons) in Environmental Science, Environment Engineering, chemical, manufacturing, construction, or any other relevant bachelor’s degree.
c) Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience out of which 5 should have been in a leadership/supervisory role.
d) Possession of at least one relevant professional certification in health, safety, environment such as NEBOSH, IOSH, IEMA etc.
e) Membership to at least one relevant professional body such as IOSH and IRSM.
f) Knowledgeable in ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OSHA 18001, ISO/TS 16949, ISO 22000 and ISO/TS 29001 standards and HSE management systems is highly preferred.
g) High level of integrity, proven track record and experience in managing QHSE of petroleum industry projects.
h) Ability to work independently, but also work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
i) Strong leadership and problem-solving skills
1. Provide leadership in the control, monitoring and implementation of QHSE Organisational governance in line with UNOC’s policies and procedures.
2. In charge of the development and implementation of Company-wide QHSE Policies, procedures, and initiatives.
3. Establish the Company’s QHSE Management System, implement and audit the System to achieve compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001(ISO 45001), ISO/TS 16949, ISO 22000 and ISO/
4. Advise and supervise the QHSE aspects of UNOC’s upstream, midstream and downstream projects and operations to ensure compliance with the industry QHSE standards and best practices.
5. Develop and maintain the Integrated business Management System to underpin QHSE and operating standards.
6. Develop Business Continuity Plans for all Company services and participate in any tabletop or live exercises to test the plans.
7. Oversee the training and capacity development of staff in QHSE aspects of UNOC projects to ensure awareness and understanding of QHSE standards and the relevance to business objectives.
8. Advise UNOC on the proposals from Joint Venture Partners and clients relating to the QHSE aspects of wells, facilities engineering designs, constructions, and operations.
9. Advise the Company on QHSE regulatory requirements and standards.
10. Develop and maintain the Company QHSE risk register, implement the risks mitigation measure and escalating the risks where appropriate.
11. Implement the Crisis Management Plan across the Company and ensure a robust line of escalation.
12. Monitor, audit, and report on the Company QHSE performance and provide assurance to Management.
13. Provide leadership to support the management of supply chains and compliance with QHSE standards through ‘Point of Work Assessments’, audit and review of operating practice and systems.
14. Provide leadership in accident and incident reporting and lead the subsequent investigation process; provide trend analysis to Management to support and provide focus for driving positive behaviours
and culture within the company.
15. Supervise and mentor the staff in the QHSE Unit.
16. Any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor