Within delegated authority, the Client Services Officer will be responsible for Client Experience strategy implementation.
- The applicant for the United Nations Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE) Client Services Officer job must hold a first level university degree (Bachelor or equivalent) or master’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, Social Science or related field. Required.
- Certification in Client Experience from a recognized institution is desirable.
- Five years of experience (in combination with a master’s degree), or 7 years (in combination with a first level degree) progressive experience in a client service function, programme management, public administration or related area is required.
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible experience in developing and implementing processes, procedures, systems and / or standards in a client service delivery setting are required.
- At least 2 years of experience in leading teams are required.
- Experience working in a United Nations common system field operation (inclusive of peacekeeping, political missions and UN agencies, funds and programmes) – or similar international organization or non-governmental organization – in a conflict or post-conflict setting is desirable.
- Experience in a shared services environment is desirable.
- Languages: fluency in English is required. Knowledge in French is desirable.
- Drive the implementation and operationalization of the Client Service Delivery Model strategy through managing client relationships.
- Review and provide input into drafting of the Service Level Agreements and ensure they are monitored effectively.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of quality monitoring, call recording and Client insights systems and processes to improve client service.
- Monitor client service Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and collaborate with RSCE counterparts to drive strategies to achieve positive Client experience.
- Ensure staff handling the Query and Call Management have the training and tools to meet and exceed Client service expectations.
Client Service Responsibilities
- Ensure efficient client service delivery to all RSCE client missions.
- Support the establishment of the RSCE hub-and-spoke model with client missions, working closely with mission counterparts to ensure the Client Support Units are operational.
- Ensure services are delivered to RSCE clients in line with agreed controls and procedures, Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Contribute to the enhancement of the knowledge management strategy of the Centre as relates to the Client Services Unit.
- Identify improvement opportunities (both system and procedural.)
- Compile information on the KPIs of the Client Service Section, for action by the Client Service Officer (Internal Service).
- Lead the development the call center tools as well as related process documentation and system enhancements.
- Monitor the implementation of the support mechanisms and enabling technologies in close coordination with Regional Field Technology Services.
- Ensure communication is effectively delivered and concerns are being addressed appropriately.
- Serve as the point of contact for any case escalations from the Client Service Officers, as well as for complex and VIP queries.
- Support the risk identification and assessment and contribute to the determination of mitigation process for the Section.
- Manage, oversee the performance and complete performance evaluations for direct reports.
- Oversee time management processes for direct reports. (e.g., time approval, scheduling, etc.)
- Coach and mentor the team to continuously improve performance and achieve individual and team objectives.
- Coordinate and liaise closely with key stakeholders as well as RSCE Management, as appropriate.
- Report on the operational and strategic objectives of inquiry services of the Unit.
- Support recruiting, staffing, and onboarding processes as appropriate.
- Focal Point at the RSCE for co-ordination with client mission Client Support Units (CSU) on client support matters.