Provides overall coordination and management of loss control and security Staff at the assigned Warehouse. He/she is in charge of ensuring effective Loss Control Management systems and reporting at the branch and ensure optimization of all security inputs.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Effective shift management and supervision of all loss control & security staff in the store.
- Proactive approach towards loss minimization.
- Timely capturing and submission of branch loss control comprehensive reports.
- Propper implementation of company standard operating procedures especially security-related.
- A Diploma in security or criminology or any other related course
- Computer Literacy is mandatory.
- 2 years experience in loss prevention or security industry
- FMCG Distribution outlet set up that involves a lot of goods and vehicle movement. Data and all dispatch documents are displayed and maintained on a digital platform thus this heavily requires conversance with IT.
Skills & Competencies:
- Leadership skills
- Computer skills
- Detail-oriented, preventative outlook and vigilant
- Good physical condition, as this position may require a lot of walking and standing
- Team player
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Observational and Analytical skills
- Interrogative skills
- Understanding safety processes and procedures
- Ability to respond well to emergency situations
- Good character beyond reproach, high integrity and a clean criminal record
- Can Work under minimal supervision
- Objective mind and result oriented
- Must be physically fit.
- Must Uphold proper personal grooming
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises all loss control and security staff in the assigned warehouse to ensure the company rules, policies and standard operating procedures are always followed by everyone.
- Identify hazards and security risks in the warehouse and raise them to management for necessary action.
- Train your team and always keep it motivated and focused on attaining set goals and beyond.
- Conduct third-party vehicle inspections on weekly basis and maintain records for the same.
- Reconcile all TRQs as will be shared from HQ against branch records and submit report on any matters arising on daily basis.
- Monitor compliance with standard operating procedures for loss prevention, physical security, or risk management.
- Investigate known or suspected internal & external theft, or vendor fraud.
- Collaborate with law enforcement agencies to report or investigate crimes within the assigned branch.
- Testify in civil or criminal court proceedings when called upon by management.
- Conduct store audits to identify problem areas or procedural deficiencies e.g. alarm system, perimeter walls, store arrangements, CCTV etc.
- Identify and report merchandise or stock shortages/stock-outs to the warehouse management team for necessary action.
- Maintain documentation or reports on loss prevention-related incidents.
- Perform covert surveillance and of areas susceptible to loss, such as receiving areas, Dispatch areas, stock room, refuelling areas, and driver delivery points.
- Prepare and submit written reports on loss control investigations as they arise.
- Verify proper functioning of physical security systems, such as closed-circuit televisions, alarms or locks and shutters.
- Conduct third checks on stocks being delivered by suppliers to detect or deter any form of collusion to under-receive.
- Identify and report safety concerns to maintain a safe working environment for all employees.
- Form, chair and maintain a fire and safety team in the warehouse
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information for the company
- Report all unethical behaviour in the warehouse to the company top management.