- PYXERA Global, a nonprofit organization based in Nigeria and Washington, D.C., is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Education Project Officer. The position is full-time, and community based.
- This position holder will work with the Rayuwa project team to implement an integrated community development project with a focus on enhancing accountable education in the project area.
- The Rayuwa project is funded by the John Deere Foundation and is housed within the Enterprise and Community Development Division of PYXERA Global.
- The Rayuwa project involves collaboration with diverse partners and a drive to be continuously adaptive to the local context.
- The Education Project Officer is expected to support the Education team to implement Rayuwa’s accountable education program activities.
- The ideal candidate will have a relevant educational background and experience in integrated development programs with a focus on child education in a rural community.
- Preference will be given to candidates with strong communication and report writing skills.
- As part of the Rayuwa Nigeria team, the successful candidate will exemplify the Rayuwa values of teamwork, equality, and a strong work ethic.
Key Position Responsibilities
The Project Education Officer will report directly to the Rayuwa Project Deputy Director and will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide overall technical expertise and management of all education-related activities.
- Provide relevant technical guidance and collaborate with the project team to design, develop and implement accountable education development activities within a multi-sector program, with a strong focus on community participation.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Engaging and building strong relationships with community members, analyzing data collected to identify education-related gaps, and designing priority action plans and intervention areas in partnerships with the community and relevant external stakeholders.
- Develop a clear and adaptive project work plan based on the seasonal (school) calendar, stakeholder availability, project deadlines, and targets, etc.
- Oversee the program’s overall curriculum development and teaching and outreach strategies.
- Identify project impact tracking indicators and key technical focus areas.
- Document program achievements, innovations, failures, and lessons learned to integrate into project activities and inform project strategy.
- Provide input on monitoring & evaluation tools to ensure accurate data collection, verification, and analysis of training activities, and to avoid duplication of efforts.
- Research government schemes relating to child education and social protection to link target children in the villages with available benefits and identify opportunities to leverage existing schemes in project activities to maximize the impact of the project and drive sustainability.
- Support the development of project reports on education activities, as needed.
- Conduct frequent site visits to observe local education practices, family education preferences, and collect data from schools.
- Staff capacity building: contribute to capacity building of Rayuwa Nigeria Education Team.
- Exhibit and is committed to the Rayuwa Values of honesty, transparency, integrity, humility, freedom to innovate, equality, keep a “light” attitude, quality, teamwork, focus on the goals, accountability to all partners, and monitoring to learn and improve.
- Other duties, as assigned.