Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 13 days left to apply for this job.
The Country Director will be responsible for developing the Uganda growth strategy and managing all Uganda operations, overseeing a growing team across credit, product development and operations, and achieving company’s objectives in Uganda. The Country Director will be a member of the Senior Management Team and report to the CEO & Board of Directors. This role is reserved for a proven leader with a strong senior management track record, ideally with experience in a fast-growing private company in the East African market
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• 5+ years of significant leadership experience in business development, strategy, or executive roles. Entrepreneurial experpience or management experience in a high-growth startup is highly desirable.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to achieve results in a resource-constrained environment.
• Strong business analysis and resource allocation skills. You are able to effectively determine which investments of people, time, and resources drive the most efficient results.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to inspire, to simplify complex concepts for staff, and to make succinct, effective presentations to senior management, Board members, and outside partners.
• Substantial experience in emerging markets (sub-Saharan Africa) and commitment to living in Uganda for the next 3+ years.
• Our team is currently 38% women, and we are committed to achieving gender parity, so applications from women are strongly encouraged
Strategy and planning
• Work closely with the company Senior Management Team to develop strategies for achieving the
• Lead the development of a clear strategic plan and budget for Uganda.
• Inform and engage with the Senior Management Team and Board of Directors through timely information (strategic plans and analyses, performance reports, financials and risk assessments, legal and compliance matters, etc.) to enable their meaningful support and direction.
Execution and operational management
• Manage all day-to-day operations in Uganda, overseeing a growing team of 20+ people across credit, product development, and operations.
• Ensure the timely recruitment of new staff and acquisition of physical resources to ensure smooth operations, maximal productivity, and growth.
• Work with local service providers to maintain company’s operations without disruption.
Team and culture
• Manage people: articulate clear job descriptions; recruit, onboard and develop talent; manage and assess individual and team performance; and cultivate a culture of ownership, proactivity, accountability, and high performance.
• Embody and exemplify company’s values (Client Success, Teamwork, Doing What’s Right, Experimentation, Having Fun, and Resilient Optimism) with every stakeholder, and ensure that the company’s values are embedded in all decisions and actions.
Finance and legal
• Work with the finance team to ensure the timely closing of the Uganda accounts and preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports.
• Ensure full legal and tax compliance in Uganda, including licensing, payroll tax, income tax, annual audits, and new industry-specific regulatory developments.
Partnerships and external relations
• Identify new opportunities and establish new partnerships to grow the Company and its impact.
• Represent company in Uganda with partners, authorities, industry associations, and existing/potential investors
Job RequirementsRequired education: Post-graduate education
Required relevant work experience: 5 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Other Jobs at RCS Consult
Chief Finance Officer
RCS Consult / Uganda
Cost & Management Accountantnt
RCS Consult / Uganda
Head of Finance & Administration
RCS Consult / Jinja
Head of Operations, Uganda. Based in Kampala, Uganda
Kampala / Watu Credit
Business Manager – Kenya.
Nairobi / Summit Recruitment & Search
Director, Programs (Africa)
Nairobi / Co-Impact
Chief Executive Officer
Kampala / Aga Khan Education Services (AKES)
Chief Operating Officer – Limuru, Kenya.
Kiambu / Summit Recruitment & Search