Gender Economic Empowerment Adviser (International Volunteer)
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Temporary
You have 22 days left to apply for this job.
• You have a Bachelor/Master’s degree in Behavioral and Social Science, Gender, Development, international relations or related field.
• You have extensive (5+ years' work experience) with corporate social responsibility, gender policies, implementation and advisory, gender economic empowerment.
• You have experience and demonstrated result in integrations of gender in programming in the private sector.
• A demonstrated understanding of issues and challenges related to gender.
• Ability to work independently as well as take an advisory role with multiple stakeholders in a time-pressured environment.
• Cross cultural awareness and ability to work amongst a diverse group of staff, volunteer and partners.
• Good understanding of developing training modules and facilitation.
• Experience in mentoring on gender.
• Monitoring and evaluation.
• Private sector experience is essential.
As a Gender Economic Empowerment Adviser you will:Required education
• Develop knowledge products for the partners (definitions, guidance, tools, trainings, research, etc.) regarding gender-responsive strategies in the employment sector for private sector partners.
• Advise on how to integrate and embed gender within the private sector into program and policy.
• Monitoring the use and results of the framework implementation, with contextually appropriate indicators and measurement tools. And if necessary, provide further support and guidance in the use of the framework to support the development of robust evidence of gender economic empowerment.
• Develop the capacity building of the private sector on gender issues and process modules for integrating gender institutionally to create decent work for women that meets their aspirations and provides them voice and agency.
• Develop a strategy for the private sector to update and adopt gender equality mainstreaming policies and strategies within the private sector.
• Coordinate the baseline assessments in company and action plan settings to improve the gender equality.
• Develop the capacity of the programme, partners and external stakeholders on training frameworks and toolkits on gender & economic empowerment.
You work in a multidimensional project team, with experts in different kinds of areas.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)