Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 17 days left to apply for this job.
The primary role of the Mechanical Technician/Fitter is to maintain plant equipment’s according to work instructions, the execution of non-destructive quality checks and carrying out of routine and breakdown maintenance.
Provide support to the shift based teams during operations.
Assist shift based teams with situational problem solving.
Coach the shift based teams on machine operation, machine fault finding and correct responses to machine failure modes.
Carry out housekeeping tasks, and apply 5S principles during the execution of duties.
Reporting to maintenance supervisor, mechanical technician will perform the following duties: -
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREDESSENTIALS
- Resolve factory breakdowns in a structured manner ensuring that recurrence is completely eliminated assist machine operators in machine inspection during cleaning (cleaning in place) while ensuring that lubrication is performed appropriately and as per lubrication schedule.
- Evaluates mechanical and electro mechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs; applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
- Evaluate final product overall performance, reliability and safety.
- Alter and modify design to meet requirements and to eliminate malfunctions.
- Work with the maintenance team leader in ensuring that spare parts are documented and new ones ordered on need basis.
- Ability to maintain detailed, accurate records, and prepare necessary reports.
- Performs preventive maintenance procedures.
- Diploma in mechanical engineering. Well-developed technical communication skills, as well as strong and effective written and verbal communication skills.
Basic machine trouble shooting skills
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a Technician in manufacturing Industry.
- Must be able to set up, operate, and perform preventative maintenance on machine
- Must have basic leadership skills required to give press assistant simple directions.
- General knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
2. FURTHER COMMENTS
- Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting equipment, bending, standing, climbing or walking.
- Requires climbing, standing, bending and lifting heavy objects in awkward and confined spaces using proper lifting and rigging techniques.
- Subject to exposure to fumes, dust and high levels of vibration.
- Subject to exposure to high noise levels requiring ear protection.
- Subject to working near moving parts of heavy machinery and high voltage equipment where the use of appropriate protective/safety equipment is required.
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself