- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- A Master’s Degree in Finance or its equivalent will be an added advantage.
- CPA (K) or ACCA certification.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years post qualification experience.
- Fluency in English, able to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
1. Profitability & Growth
- Identify & mitigate all company bad debts and aligning with group policies on collection and provisions.
- Ensure timely recoverability of trade & other receivables with an objective of ensuring no projections for bad debts.
- Identify & mitigate all own risk limits while ensuring customer accounts are covered and insurance or sales payment terms are adopted.
2. Sound Financial Corporate Governance
- Credit risk management.
- Stakeholder mapping & management through liaising with customers, commercial team.
- Adherence to professional conduct.
- Liaising with commercial team to set up and seek approval on credit limits to the management.
- Closing on all reconciliations that could inhibit collections of debts.
3. Sound Credit Policies
- Implement relevant policies.
- Review of relevant policies.
- Sensitization of team members on areas that affect them.
4. Automation of all Credit Processes
- Automation of processes.
- Review of system utilization & recommendations.
- Daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting.
- Annual credit performance and analysis.
- Report any payment issues to management or the appropriate team on a regular basis and credit report every month on the same.
6. Budget Formulation, Execution and Monitoring
- Be involved in annual budget formulation of the company on matters credit.
- Monitor all credit limits and debtors on a regular basis.
- Prepare periodic variance analysis and provide explanations on the variance.
7. Financial Audit Management by Internal and External Auditors
- Coordinate with internal & external auditors and provide debtors balances confirmations every end of the financial year.
- Implementation of audit management reports.
8. Sound Debt Management System
- Adhere to set financial contractual agreements & policies.
- Negotiate payment plans with customers and adhere to the set financial contractual agreements and policies accordingly.
- Credit application and appraisals.
- Monitoring of debtor’s days.
- Ensure the customer database is always updated in the ERP.
- Look for ways to improve debt collection processes without compromise to customer retention.
9. Company Compliance Management
- Statutory requirements.
- QMS Standards.
- Labor laws.
- Financial and Tax laws.
10. Company Assets Management
- Monitoring & maintaining trade & other receivables.
- Conduct verification & circularization of trade & other receivables.
11. Any other duty assigned by management.