Required Skills & Qualifications
- The Job holder must have a current provisional license
- 1 to 3 years relevant work experience preferably in the Health or Service sector.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft office package.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies such as the Pharmacy Council of Nigeria (PCN).
- Strong attention to details.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding communication (oral and written), interpersonal and people management skills.
Key Result Areas (KRA)
The key result areas of this role are:
- Reviewing and executing physician’s prescriptions. Ensuring their legality and appropriateness.
- Prepare medications appropriately using the correct dosages and material for each patient.
- Dispense medication for individual prescriptions to inpatients and outpatients in line with Standard Operating Procedures, ensuring that standards of quality, accuracy and timeliness are met.
- Prepare walk-in pharmacy orders.
- Coordinate the distribution, delivery, and pick up of pharmaceutical products.
- Maintain full control over delivering, stocking and labeling of medications and other product supplies. Monitor their conditions to prevent expiring or deterioration.
- Organize the pharmacy in an efficient ensure smooth and easy identification of products.
- Ensure hospital supplies for distribution to authorized locations.
- Perform general clerical duties, such as answering calls, receiving prescriptions, processing dispensing fees, operating cash register and entering prescriptions into the pharmacy tracking system according to departmental procedures.
- Maintenance and accurate posting of inpatient and outpatient files.
- Ensure all drug transactions are entered accurately into the pharmacy’s database to minimize stock discrepancies and drug shortage situations.
- Ensure adequate stock control.
- Perform other duties as assigned to you by senior leadership.
- Maintain records and stocks of medications and supplies; prepares requisitions to reorder pharmaceutical items as required.
- Sorts and stocks incoming pharmaceutical products.
- Ensure accuracy in the receipt of all goods, including recording all receipts, issues, batch numbers, expiry dates and other relevant information into the pharmacy’s database ensuring that all transactions are recorded promptly and accurately in order to maintain accurate departmental stock.
- Ensure adequate stock control to minimize stock-outs and wastages.
Health and Safety:
- Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Maintain standards of safety, tidiness and cleanliness within the department in accordance with Health and Safety regulations and ensure all working practices and Standard Operating Procedures are followed.
- Comply with all the provisions of Nigeria Data Protection Regulation (NDPR) 2019
- Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs.
- Clean work area, and sterilize prescription bottles and other containers.
- Monitor the environment and equipment within the department to determine that they conform to agreed standards, and carry out operator validation tests so that the quality of products is assured.