Targeted, tactical and influential communications are key to NRGI’s success. Impactful communications drive the impact of our programs, enabling policy and practice changes that help to fundamentally change the shape of Natural Resource Governance for the benefit of all. Our compelling brand positions NRGI as a trusted partner, giving it the license to operate as a thought leader in the spaces where change happens.
The Africa Regional Communications Officer plans and executes communication strategies in his/her region and serves as a vital connect point with the global Communications Team. He/She ensures excellent brand representation and stakeholder engagement across relevant regional events in the sector and media channels; helps localize approaches and content; assists country and regional teams in the development of their communications skills, tools and in their communications activities ; and provides regional input and feedback to global communications efforts. Experience & Technical Skills Required
Education & Qualifications
- At least 5 years of directly relevant experience in Public Relations and international development
- Network of relevant contacts in media and PR
- Experience managing across traditional and new media channels (social media, video and audio)
- Experience managing campaigns from inception to post roll-out learning & feedback
- Able to use social media strategically; come up with ideas for expanding the organization’s reach and impact
- Familiarity with brand management
- Familiarity with communication and change management theories and models
- Experience working in a complex or pioneering environment, including managing and creating opportunities for systemic change.
- Having the gravitas, credibility and ability to initiate and develop strategic relationships and influence key stakeholders at a project, country, and region level.
- Master’s degree in relevant field (communication, public affairs, journalism, development, political science, economics, international affairs, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English and French