To provide academic and professional leadership and knowledge to Senior Lecturers, Lecturers, Assistant Lecturers and students at undergraduate and postgraduate levels; and to promote knowledge of his/her subject through original work.Person Specification
a) Must have a PhD in a relevant Discipline.
b) Must be at the minimum level of Senior Lecturer or its equivalent with at least eight (8) years of teaching experience in a recognized University/Institution.
c) Must have published at least three new articles in peer reviewed journals, or three book chapters or one book with ISBN Number in the area of specialization since promotion to the rank of Senior Lecturer.
d) Three journal articles or book chapters shall be vetted.
e) Should have supervised two graduate students to completion.
f) Should have contributed to community service.
Interested persons who meet the minimum requirements should submit their applications together with the following:
(a) A detailed and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
(b) Certified copies of academic transcripts, certificates, professional qualifications and appointment letters.
(c) Names and addresses of three referees.
(d) Copies of National Identity Card, birth certificate or copies of relevant pages of the passport indicating the applicant’s date of birth.
1. To prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate and postgraduate students
2. To conduct research and disseminate research findings.
3. To promote knowledge of his/her subject through original work.
4. To guide and supervise students doing research.
5. To organize and conduct seminars.
6. To set tests, examinations, course work and mark scripts as well as grading them.
7. To guide and advise students on their performance