Knowledge, Experience and Other Requirements:
- Degree in social sciences, community nutrition and dietetics or related fields
- Training and working knowledge of Gender as far as community development practice is concerned is key for this position.
- At least 2 years’ experience in practice on Nutrition, Gender and community WASH programming
- Experience working collaboratively in a team structure in a multicultural environment.
- Experience working in ASAL areas and resilience projects an added advantage.
- Experience working with partners.
- He/ she should demonstrate motivated participation in the learning process.
- Knowledge on community WASH programming is an added advantage.
- Experience working collaboratively in a team structure in a multicultural environment is desirable.
- Experience in gender issues is desirable.
- Strong computer skills especially with MS Word and Excel and other related packages
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team building skills
- Ability and resilience to cope with multiple internal and external demands
- High level skills and experience in capacity building and mentoring skills
- Ability to work as part of team across different cultures
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- High level of initiative, motivation, commitment and professionalism
Support activity planning and
- Support the Programme Manager in the implementation of Nutrition and Gender components in the project area in liaison with the
PC-Nutrition and Gender
implementation together with the project partners and team in consultations with Programme Manager and PC-Nutrition and GenderWork closely with the PC-Nutrition and Gender to plan, coordinate and conduct field assessments and on-going M &E work.
and follow up with partners to ensure the Nutrition and Gender activities are implemented in accordance with the implementation strategy and workplan.When required, support field assessments
and research activities including data collection and compilation of case studies specific to nutrition, Gender and WASH aspects for the project.Follow up on partners and trainers to ensure Nutrition
training reports are submitted to SHA through the programme Manager and PC-Nutrition and Gender. Collaborate with relevant ministry
stakeholders as necessary including representing SHA in the county WASH, Nutrition and Gender working groups. Support other activities as requested.