Overseeing all HR functions, including labour relations; occupational health and safety; compensation and benefits; recruitment; training and development. Ensuring that the values and beliefs of the Group are reflected in the organization by developing strategies to engage staff throughout the group, such that staff have a sense of belonging to the organization and feel committed to its work.
● Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to identify issues, design solutions and evaluate results.
● Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills with the ability to identify trends, establish benchmarks, and provide credible analyses and business recommendations.
● Advocate for and apply principles of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion, and belonging in all aspects of their work.
● Bachelor’s, Master’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant field such as Human Resources, Business Administration, etc. is an asset but not a requirement.
● An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
● Experience of setting strategy, managing and creating budgets including forecasting, monitoring, maintaining agreed budgets and regular reporting of outgoing KPIs.
● Developing appropriate HR and administrative initiatives, policies and procedures that align with strategic and operational objectives and comply with relevant legislation and best practices.
● Acting as a change leader to build awareness of and successfully implement recommendations, new initiatives, policies and procedures, recognizing necessary behavioural and cultural changes.
● Working with HR on talent acquisition, recruiting, onboarding and talent retention.
● Acting as a trusted advisor to the Senior Executive Team and staf on HR and administrative issues.
● Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff, government officials and other stakeholders.
● Provide strategic leadership and direction on labour relations issues and grievances
● Provide strategic leadership and direction to the organization on the recruitment, selection, and onboarding processes for new employees.
● Monitor and maintain analyses and metrics related to recruitment and retention
● Provide strategic leadership and direction on total compensation strategies to ensure the organization attracts and retains quality staff
● Provide resources and support to managers in the application of performance management processes
● Work directly with leadership and human resources on establishing a strategic tool for the organization’s growth, productivity, and ability to attract and retain valuable employees
● Lead the development and execution of employee engagement programs and foster the company’s culture ensuring all initiatives/activities are promoted and delivered.
● Manage and oversee the employee recognition program.
● Working with Human Resources to curate a comprehensive onboarding program including communication, processes, job tools, and training.
● Developing and implementing performance management processes and systems that reflect organizational goals and objectives.
● Provide resources and support to managers in the application of performance management processes.
● Provide strategic input into employees continued learning and professional development opportunities.