Purpose of the Role
- The Hospital Manager plans and coordinates the health services of a hospital. They supervise all areas of a hospital, health information technicians, nursing, medical records, service staff, facility staff and more.
- The main objective is to assure and improve the efficiency of care, keep up-to-date on new laws, represent the facility at all times and control administrative functions and outputs.
Education, Certification and Experience Requirements
- Master of Health Administration or a Master of Business Administration degree is preferred.
- A degree in Law, Finance or Management is acceptable if sufficient experience in a hospital working environment is present.
- The ability to work on Microsoft Office software is a must.
- Understands hospital economics, labour relations, and human resources.
- Proven management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Able to work well with a variety of professionals, from doctors and nurses to the CEO and other executives.
- Demonstrate problem-solving and technical skills to find creative solutions for staffing and administrative problems