Scale and Scope of the Position
- 1 Logistic Assistant (Abuja), 1 Logistic Coordinator, 1 log Officer-MDG, Assets Assistant and Mechanic
- WFP / UNHAS, Logistics Forum and Working Group Maiduguri UN agencies, INGOs, governmental bodies.
- Agresso Procurement Car web (Fleet Insurance) Terramar Fleet Tracking and Management Supporting Document (procurement)
Legal or compliance:
- Donor regulations on procurement Legal framework for contracts (Service/ Works / Leases).
- Master's Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience from working as a senior Logistics Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the context in Nigeria and West Africa is an added value
- Knowledge of Donor regulations
- Experience with Logistic procedures within INGOs
- Capacity to work in a multicultural context
Behavioural Competencies (max 6):
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Initiating action and change
- Handling insecure environments
- The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual.
The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The Work and Development Plan
- The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
- The End-term Performance Review Template
- The NRC Competency Framework.
Role and Responsibilities
- The purpose of the Logistic Manager is to be responsible that the logistic set-up is according to NRC standards and to support programme/project implementation.
- Ensure that country set up comply with Logistical Handbook, NRC policies and donor requirements
- Implement NRC’s logistics systems and procedures
- Training and support of line managers and staff with logistical responsibilities
- Management of the logistics team
- Ensure anti-corruption focus in procedures and training
- Establish filing systems/archives according to NRC standards in all offices
- Initiate and maintain necessary leases, licenses and contracts with relevant authorities and suppliers
- Provide regular analysis and reports
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Design and implement standard operating procedures for logistics management
- Manage logistics team; define expectations, provide leadership and technical support as needed,
- Ensure the recruitment, training, and capacity building of staff as appropriate and ensure availability of appropriate professional development opportunities to staff.
- Develop an action plan to address any compliance concern on procurement and logistics
- Develop monitoring tools for the implementation of NRC Nigeria’s logistics systems and procedures.
- Prepare monthly performance reports on logistics to support the Country management group in making informed decisions
- Provide support on the anti-corruption focus and value for money in the programmes
- Lead on the contract management (eg. ensure that necessary Framework Agreements are in place);
- Provide strategic and technical support to the programme on the e-voucher system.
- Ensure the vendor database is continuously updated
- Maintain the clear segregation of roles and responsibilities within the Logistics team
- Participate in the country strategy development by providing practical solutions to the Country Management group and Area Management Team
- Participate in the development of new intervention plans as part of project proposals by overviewing the logistics requirements
- Ensure the Country Programme has the capacity to manage effectively the core logistics as well as to respond effectively to emergencies
- Provide support on logistical aspects of the Country Programme emergency preparedness plan
- Lead on Logistics and compliance training to all staff and specific training to senior managers on the processes, procedures and tools
- Contextualize the Logistics Handbook, inform the required staff on updates, develop relevant SOPs and roll them out
- Support on ICT needs assessment, ICT strategy and roll-out of relevant SOPs
- Ensure close coordination and support the Security Department to ensure programmes are delivered in a safe manner as stipulated in all security SOPs
- Support in the establishment and monitoring of the filing system, Supporting Document Management and archives for the NRC Nigeria country programme.
- Submit monthly Logistic Key Performance Indicator reports for review of Regional Office
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Security Department: Duty of care standards, MORSS during NRC rental negotiation; security clearance process before any movement
- Core Competency Programme Managers: Procurement processes (BOQ, BID PRS approval, asset and stock management and programme items delivery and negotiations with suppliers)
- Area Manager: Proposal development, Project overview, Grant meetings etc.:
- Finance Manager: Logistic Budget management, PRs approval process, Coordination within supports functions etc.
- Regional Logistics Adviser: Technical support and compliance
- HR Manager: Recruitment, training and capacity building of logistics staff; Ensuring a functional team structure and good quality JDs for logistics staff