Assistant Manager – Independent Review of Objections
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 2 days left to apply for this job.
Providing leadership and guidance to the Supervisors in the team in the Independent Review of Objections, carrying out research and offering technical support in the review of objections, managing performance in the team and active participation in the dispute resolution process.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Commerce, Economics, Statistics, Law or related disciplines from a recognised university.
- Must have a tax training and exposure to all taxes administered by the Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Must be knowledgeable and have experience in tax and/or customs administration.
- Exposure to tax and/or customs disputes management and resolution.
- A good understanding of revenue statutes.
- Preparation of the Team’ work plan and budgets.
- Offering technical guidance on matters under dispute.
- Coordinate and manage staff in the team and monitor their performance.
- Engaging stakeholders during dispute resolution.
- Review of policies and law and making recommendations for amendments/ improvements.
- Supporting the Alternative Dispute Resolution function to ensure faster resolution of disputes.
- Oversee the general administration and monitoring compliance of the Team.
- Preparation of team reports and any ad hoc reports at the request of the manager
- Any other duty as allocated by the Manager.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)