We are a sales enablement community committed to nurturing lifelong partnerships with high potential talent and businesses to enable and accelerate their growth.
With over 9 years of industry experience, our client has been creating value for the industry, banks and customers through innovation and interoperability to address the challenge of integrating retail payments in the country.
They are looking to cement their mark in providing efficient, safer, and secure payment solutions to meet customer needs. To achieve this, they are looking for a Chief Legal, Risk and Compliance Officer to join their team to serve as a resource on compliance matters, issues of institutional procedure, and corporate governance.
About the role:
You will be responsible for providing legal support to the company in preparing, vetting, and reviewing legal contracts, legal instruments, and all legal documents relating to the organization’s activities. You will ensure that the organization conducts its business processes in compliance with laws and regulations, professional standards, international standards, and accepted business practices.
What you'll do:
- Analyze current policy ideas/proposals so as to identify problems/determine their origin or cause and create solutions.
- Implement/monitor compliance risk management plans/performance and advise the team on the practical application of relevant regulatory requirements.
- Educate employees on the legal requirements as well as the impact on the organization if these aren't complied with.
- Assist in the gathering of internal information in response to regulatory requests.
- Advice on data protection and privacy matters and assist the Chief Information Security Officer in the discharge of his/her responsibilities.
- You have at least 5+ years leading end-to-end legal and compliance operations preferably in a fast-paced environment.
- You possess deep legal knowledge with extensive experience in corporate governance, risk management, and compliance preferably with regional exposure.
- You have experience supporting financial transactions, working closely with investors, partners, and financial institutions to ensure compliance and the safeguarding of company interests.
- Your problem-solving ability enables you to come up with imprecise regulatory policies to address business issues.
What is in it for you?
- A competitive salary package.
- Comprehensive medical cover and pension benefits.
- Transport and Airtime/Internet allowance.
- An opportunity to work alongside a vibrant team in an environment that fosters individual and career growth.
There’s much more we can say about our client, the role, and what our client is looking for by way of executive qualities and experience. If you feel that you fit the initial criteria and are open to considering this new challenge, please apply.