Corporation Secretary / Head of Legal
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 1 days left to apply for this job.
The Unclaimed Financial Assets Authority (UFAA) is an Authority created under the Unclaimed Financial Assets Act, No 40 of 2011 to administer unclaimed financial assets. The primary mandate of the Authority is to receive Unclaimed Financial Assets from the holders of such assets, safeguard and reunite the assets with their rightful owners.
- Advise the Board and Management on all corporate governance matters duly guided by the Constitution, statutes (in particular the Unclaimed Financial Act, 2011) and the Mwongozo Code on Corporate Governance for State Corporations
Organise Board and Board Committee Meetings in consultation with the Board
- Prepare Board Minutes and Resolutions and ensure the implementation of all Board
- Resolutions with due regard to guiding statues where applicable
- Board Management including induction, training and development of Directors
Maintain custody of the corporation seal and account to the Board for its use
- Maintain custody of corporate records relating to the Authority as recommended under the Mwongozo Code on Corporate Governance for State Corporations
Deliver high level governance and legal strategy to enable the Authority meet its strategic objectives
- Support the long-term growth of the Authority by providing pragmatic and effective legal advice to the Board and Management
- Draft and review contracts, memoranda of understanding, and all other legal agreements to which the Authority is party
Advise the Board, Management and staff of relevant legal and statutory developments that have a bearing on the industry and the Authority’s operations in a timely and responsive manner.
- Provide legal opinions to the Board and Management and personnel regarding legal questions, case management, personnel problems and recommend appropriate courses of action;
Identify potential governance, legal and regulatory risks and determine appropriate mitigation measures;
- Liaise with all divisions to establish appropriate checks and balances to facilitate verifiable review of contracts to mitigate potential legal risks;
- Provide robust professional and timely representation for the Authority before courts, administrative tribunals and commissions in the defence/prosecution of litigation or matters filed by or against the Authority (including all areas of regulatory enforcement);
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)