Operations & Client Relationship Manager
Anonymous EmployerNairobi, Kenya
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 13 days left to apply for this job.
We are a leading Frozen Foods distribution company based in Nairobi. We are looking for a trustworthy Operations & Client Relationship Manager to help us build our business activities. The successful candidate will be responsible for improving performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability through the implementation of effective methods and strategies. You will manage a team of staff who will report to you. The successful candidate will be expected to manage our entire operations – covering logistics, stock control, procurement, as well as work with current clients to ensure a smooth ongoing relationship. They will report to the company director. As a small organisation, the role will oftentimes require the candidate to work in other areas and thus allow them to develop other skills. The goal is to meet and surpass the company’s expectations to deliver quality and consistency as well as sustainable growth. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic with great people skills and strong in persuading and negotiating.Requirements
• Proven experience an Operations Manager or relevant role
• Adequate knowledge of organisational effectiveness and operations management
• Budget development and oversight experience
• Familiarity with business and financial principles and practices
• Working knowledge of budgets, forecasting and metrics
• Basic IT skills (databases, MS Office etc)
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organisation
• Understanding& Background of the Food and Beverage industry, ideally with an established network
• Proficiency in English
• Willing and able to travel around Nairobi to visit clients
• Self-motivated and results-driven approach
• High school Degree
• Ability to network
• Attention to detail
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
• Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
• Improve operational systems, processes and best practices that guarantee organizational well-being for the firm.
• Lead and manage staff
• Resolve any arising problems or complaints
• Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
• Advice on regular system improvements and optimization
• Communication with Clients – monitoring orders and keeping them informed of delivery schedules.
• Ensure that all workings are made in a correct, cost effective and timely manner in alignment with specifications and quality requirements of our company.
• Contribute towards the achievement of company’s strategic and operational objectives and provide regular reports to the Directors.
• Recruit, train, supervise and appraise human resources.
• Cater to clients’ or personnel’s concerns and go out on regular field visits to maintain client relationship and training on products.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 5 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
13 days left to apply