Ensure all operations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way
Improve operational management systems, processes and best practices
Purchase materials, plan inventory and oversee warehouse efficiency
Help the organization’s processes remain legally compliant
Formulate strategic and operational objectives
Examine financial data and use them to improve profitability
Manage budgets and forecasts
Perform quality controls and monitor production KPIs
Recruit, train and supervise staff
Find ways to increase quality of customer service
- Provide inspired leadership for the organization.
- Make important policy, planning, and strategy decisions.
- Develop, implement, and review operational policies and procedures.
- Assist HR with recruiting when necessary.
- Help promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
- Oversee budgeting, reporting, planning, and auditing.
- Work with senior stakeholders.
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Work with the board of directors to determine values and mission, and plan for short and long-term goals.
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company.
- Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations.
- Support worker communication with the management team.
Operations Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management or related field.
- Experience in management, operations, and leadership.
- Understanding of general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet, and cash-flow management.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Solid understanding of financial management.