Hours: Approx. 40 hours per week
Type of contract: Full-time employee
Length of contract: Permanent after 6-month probationary period
Salary: Base salary of $350-450/month + bonuses for meeting targets
Summary of the role: To grow the income of Children of Rwanda by identifying relevant donors and funding opportunities, writing proposals, and mobilising resources for long-term organisational impact and sustainability. The Fundraising Officer would be working to achieve an income generation target of $45,000.
- Bachelor’s degree in development studies or any other related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in grant writing with a successful track record for securing significant funding commitments from donors
- Proven experience with writing quality proposals for local and international donors and an understanding of technical and financial requirements for grant proposals
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) and the ability to communicate professionally with partners and donors
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to tell compelling stories and leverage impact data for strong proposals
- Proficiency with computer applications for drafting proposals as well as publishing/designing fundraising communications materials (ex. Microsoft Office applications; Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- Timeliness and professionalism are of extreme importance for this role
- Result orientated
- Understanding of data protection
Children of Rwanda is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualification, merit and business need.
- Identify grant opportunities in the UK, US and other countries
- Maintain database of grant opportunities
- Create and maintain grant prospect calendar
- Submit good quality grant proposals
- Identify corporate funding opportunities
- Make approaches to promising leads
- Manage and develop relationships
- Develop and manage relationships with key donors
- Ensure effective donor
- Undertake independent research in finding alternative resources for the long-term sustainability of the organisation, including private/individual donors, crowdfunding, etc.
- Represent Children of Rwanda at relevant events
- Write content for quarterly newsletters to donors
- Develop fundraising communications materials for the organisation such as brochures, case statements, social media content, etc.