Our Client who is in the oil and gas sector requires the service of a Professional Live-In Chef/Steward for immediate employment in Lagos.
Direct the preparation, seasoning, and cooking of salads, soups, fish, meats, vegetables, desserts, or other foods. Contribute to the smooth and efficient conduct of all kitchen related duties from cooking to the utensils and the hygiene of the kitchen as well as presentation of meals. To represent the highest standard of excellence in kitchen cleanliness, organization and food presentation.
- Candidate must have undergone catering courses, (diploma/ degree) with minimum of 4 - 5 years experience as a professional Chef.
- The desired candidate must be in absolute control of all the kitchen affairs.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- The ideal candidate must be organized and pay attention to details.
- Must maintain an impeccable personal hygiene as well as high work and safety standards.
- An excellent food presentation skill is highly required.
- The candidate needs to be able to work with a variety of people and have coping skills to handle difficult personalities.
- Must be able to delegate many kitchen tasks simultaneously.
- The chef must have good knowledge of Nigerian and continental meal preparation.
- Able to work days, evenings and/or weekends/on short notice
- Clean, with good hygiene habits
- Communicates effectively
- Multi-tasks efficiently
- Organized, accurate and reliable
- Prioritizes and works efficiently with limited supervision
- Professional attitude and expectations
- Positive and upbeat attitude and demeanor
- Recognizes and resolves problems quickly and efficiently
- Works in a team environment
Proximity to client's location (Island & its environs)
Apply via: https://bit.ly/3A5Ppu3
- Prepare all food; African and Continental.
- The Kitchen Manager is expected to take total ownership of the kitchen affairs.
- The chef handles approving all prepared food items that leave his or her kitchen.
- The chef is expected to modify and create new menus as needed so that they remain effective for the purposes consumption.
- The chef will train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities;
- Estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food; Select and develop recipe
- Standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality.
- Establish presentation technique and quality standards.
- Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance; ensure proper safety and sanitation in the kitchen.
- The chef will oversee special events and may also offer culinary services during events.
- Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Plan and develop recipes and menus, taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients and the likely number of other factors.
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
- Order or requisition food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Coordinate planning, budgeting, and purchasing for all the food operations for the house.
- Any other duties of related tasks.