Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 1 days left to apply for this job.
Contour Consult SMC Limited is a Business and Management consultancy that specialises in Human Resource Consultancy, Strategy Development and the general suite of Organisational Development services.
We are looking for a competent and deddicated Accountant with experience working with the
distribution industry and a firm understanding of inventory
management. The Accountant will be in charge of maintaining general ledger and intercompany accounts.
1. Financial Close
- Support the month end process, including preparation, financial analysis and input of financial data.
- Ensure all expenses are accounted properly at period end and accruals are posted
- Review GL accounts and ensure all accruals, provisions and prepayments are
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries
- Prepare and reconcile information for submission of VAT returns
- Investigate month over month variances - follow-up with business functions within the organization on the variances
- Reconcile select GL accounts by maintaining, reviewing and tracking data
- Analyze logistic, quality and warehouse management GL and cost center reports for discrepancies, misappropriated charges, missing charges and accruals
2. Inventory Support
- Monitor and review inventory losses and support operational decisions to reduce losses
- Support and engage in physical counting process, both cycle counts and at year end
- Ensure the right level of control over the stock management, providing insightful report on destruction and aged stock including route cause analysis and proper recommendation/conclusion
3. Account Payables
- Oversight of Accounts Payable department
- Manage the Accounts payable specialist
- Process MPESA receipts timely and accurately and post to customer accounts
- Back up to the credit controller
- Supporting the Accounts Receivable process ensuring that customer receive monthly
- Assistance in the preparation of management reports and audit schedules
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Maintain Good Housekeeping Practices in your area of responsibility.
- Adhere to Company Standard Operating Procedures, Policies & Code of Business
Ethics and Procedures at all times.
- Your line manager may give carry out any other reasonable instruction as from time
- Adhere to company Health and Safety procedures and report any incidents to the Health
and Safety Representative in your organisation.
Credentials and Experience
- Attention to detail
- Good Interpersonal skills with persons in all levels
Able to work with strict deadlines
- A degree in accounting
Minimum CPA 2 /ACCA certification.
- Travel will be sometimes required
- Overtime will sometimes be required
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself